Got sniped!

i love the thrill of a snipe.

i open 2 tabs, one to refresh, and one to have my bid placed (since it takes 2 clicks to submit). sometimes i have a third tab with a higher bid just in case shit goes awry.

i open 2 tabs, one to refresh, and one to have my bid placed (since it takes 2 clicks to submit). sometimes i have a third tab with a higher bid just in case shit goes awry.

A third tab is pretty hardcore. Aside from it, I do the exact same thing if I care enough about the auction.

I enjoy the thrill of sniping as well, even if it's for low-cost items. I don't see why it's frowned upon, though. Obviously it's inconvenient for someone who won't have access to the auction's final moments, sure. But you know what trumps sniping, 10 times out of 10? - the highest bid. I've tried sniping an item or two for a price that's "guaranteed to win"... only to find that the second bidder had put in a massive bid on day one.

Clutch bids are sometimes fun, and I've gotten some great deals with them. But the fact is they don't mean shit if some nut-job locks in a ridiculous bid early on.

Dudes - don't use a sniping service. Ebay has something called Ebay Countdown.

http://countdown.ebay.com/start_continue.jsp?r=1206311484640

It's accurate to the second, so no refreshing, and you can put in a bid with 3 seconds left and outsnipe the snipers. I won so many records when I bought stuff on ebay a couple years ago. I don't 'bay anymore, so I don't use it, but I'm surprised more people don't know about this.

just successfully sniped :) I've been using auctionsniper for years, it's really cheap, like 1% or $0.25, whichever's more. totally worth it, especially if you've ever forgotten to bid for an item. And as someone said earlier, why bid early just to drive the price up?!

definitely gonna look into this ebay countdown though!