Married People

I just woke up to a text from my girl commenting on how everyone she knows is either married, getting married or pregnant.

fuck.

Like both things have been discussed and it was agreed that nothing was going to happen until we were both in our 30's, but now the "I want that" stage is kicking in a little I think.

Anyway.

If you are married on this board how old are you now, how old were you when you got married, do you own a house, have kids? Just give me your stories.

I just turned 29 in april, she will be 28 in july. In july we will have been dating for two years. ten years ago if i dated someone for 2 years marriage would not even be on my radar. she's the most solid girl ive ever met though so it's not a matter of IF, its a matter of when.

I'm 27 now, going to be 28 in Oct. when we get married, she's a year younger, got engaged last year, decided suddenly to just get it over with and get married in Oct. don't own a house, have always rented, we both really want to move, so getting married is sort of the first step to moving far away for us.

Been married for 7 years on October. We were together for 3 years before that.

We have children, who are awesome by the way.

I was 26 when we got married, she is 3 years younger than I. We own a house, but we got lucky and bought before the real estate boom hit, so we got it fairly cheap. (130K for a 4 bedroom, 2 bath in central Florida)

my wife and i are both 28 and we we got married oct of 07. we had been dating a long time and we took about a year break from each other in the middle. girls always talk about this shit with their friends and it gets them excited with all the talk. it drives us men nuts when they talk about that shit.

if you definately love this girl and plan on marrying her then go for it. it sounds like you have talked about this stuff but at the same time you both are getting older and she will get annoyed the longer you wait. dont forget she has been thinking of weddings and babies since she was a teen. also you dont want your kids friends saying is that your grandparents.

good luck man.

my wife and i are both 28 and we we got married oct of 07. we had been dating a long time and we took about a year break from each other in the middle. girls always talk about this shit with their friends and it gets them excited with all the talk. it drives us men nuts when they talk about that shit.

if you definately love this girl and plan on marrying her then go for it. it sounds like you have talked about this stuff but at the same time you both are getting older and she will get annoyed the longer you wait. dont forget she has been thinking of weddings and babies since she was a teen. also you dont want your kids friends saying is that your grandparents.

good luck man.

haha, the funny thing is our views on having kids have totally flipped in the last year.

At first she didn't want kids, she had various reasons, but now she is more about it. And that's not because of her friends because shes always had friends with kids.

Now me on the other hand, I've wanted kids since i was a kid. Like I always knew i would be a good dad and wanted to be a better father then my dad was. I have two Nieces now and I just dont know if i can handle it anymore. I love those two beyond words but that shit keeps me up at night. I worry too much about how fucking ridiculous our society is and now I'm completely unsure if I want to bring a child into this shit. It's been stressing me out super bad for the last 6 months or so. It's fucked up when the one thing you know you've always wanted comes into question.

My g/f is a year older than me, it's only a matter of time until the pressure builds, haha. I'm really afraid of getting married though. I don't ever want to deal w/ a divorce, ever.

One of my friends who got married last year -- his wife left him this week. She just went back home to Alabama and told him she wasn't coming back. Stuff like that worries me.

My parents have been married since they were 18 & 19 and they're still together 25 years later, but my grandparents divorced when they were like 55ish.

I think as it gets closer to the actual day of marriage I'll freak out a bit. I don't know if i'm all that eager to get this ball rolling. I'm 29. I have a few good years left in me haha. I was hoping for a few more years of being selfish before i started the whole next phase of my life thing.

You can't NOT have a kid because of society. I can understand that, but it's such a pessimistic view. Bring your kid up to see the little bits of good packed in the crevices all around. Show him or her how to live a life with some value and morals and ignore the garbage and the darkness.

To quote Desiderata: "With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, the world is still a beautiful place."

good luck man.

I worry too much about how fucking ridiculous our society is and now I'm completely unsure if I want to bring a child into this shit. .

i was talking about this w/ someone last night

im the same way

i would love to have kids and would be a good dad

but just today w/ societys kids and technology its to weird

I worry too much about how fucking ridiculous our society is and now I'm completely unsure if I want to bring a child into this shit. .

im the same way

yeah i have an 11 and 8 year old sister who can text faster than i can...its crazy.

my wife and i are going to try later this year to have one of those kid things.

That's what parenting is about, you can't pussy out because of "sexting" and selfishness and whatever side-effects of technology there are. Make the world a better place by populating it with one more good guy.

yeah this. parents i think are partly to blame for the kids action now a days. you see kids getting away with shit all the time. if i ever acted up in public my mom would smack the hell out of me. the only thing i worry about is having a daughter. that shit scares sthe hell out of me.

im the same way

yeah i have an 11 and 8 year old sister who can text faster than i can...its crazy.

you better stay sober while trying though, from what I've heard your aim can be a little off. haha.

I got married at 23 and I've been married for 4 years. We have two sons a 3 year old and a 10 month old. I don't own a house but I'm not really sure where the hell we want to live. Honestly man it's great. I love my wife and we had been together for 2 years when we got married and nothing really changed until we had kids. Life doesn't end when you have kids, it just changes. All in all it's pretty rad.

you better stay sober while trying though, from what I've heard your aim can be a little off. haha.

ha.........lol.....this is funny.

man "damn bitch your tight"

women "wrong hole fool"

The best advice I can give you...

I spent years dating some girls trying to figure out, "Do I want to marry this girl?" What I've come to realize is that if you're around your 30's and you don't know that answer within a few months to a year, the answer is "no". As cliche as it sounds, "when you know, you know".

If you have any reservation, or if you're doing it because it seems like the next logical step or because you're feel pressure to do so, don't. That's a recipe for disaster.

Been married for approaching 6 years now. I was 24, she was 21.

We own our home here in Tampa. It is our second one we've owned together. The other one was in New Orleans. You can all guess what happened to it.

Getting married was the best thing I ever did.

Get a puppy before you even think about having a child. We wanted kids until we had a puppy. Changed our minds quickly.