What drugs have you done?

I don't mean to sound like the big bad NA nazi, but seriously, do yourself a favor and lay off the drugs. Pot is joke, but the rest of it can seriously fuck up your life. In 2003 I won an award for writing a story I don't remember writing. I don't remember anything about that year really, and the scary part is I didn't "hit rock bottom" for another 4 years. I have detoxed twice from serious addictions and believe me when I tell you it is worse than you can possibly imagine.

I've detoxed from heroin twice. It is absolutely the worst feeling you can possible imagine x a million. But, and this is the naive stance I had at at the time: I wanted to be a writer and to me, good writing meant having every imaginable experience under your belt to work from. So I did everything and I never regreted it. I have had the worst detoxing experiences that you could imagine, but I never wish I did anything else. Everything I have ever done has served a specific purpose--whether it be inspiring an idea of formulating an experience that I could build upon--that I have ever wished I did differently.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jenkem.

now, that's just fucking gross.. lol

my list:

pot - a few times. don't like smoking, but if in brownies will.

alcohol - many but now a days never enough to get fucked up.

acid - once. will never try again.

mushrooms - once. may try again.. it wasn't too bad

cocaine - once. did not like it

robitusson - once... why i don't know. i was a kid. i got sick more than anything.

my list to try: (at least once)

dmt

xtc

morphine - but only to get tattooed to see how it works. My mom has a bottle of it for her pain. i thought about asking my aunt to take some while i get my chestpiece tattooed.. apparently only a few drops are all you need for 3 to 4 hours

I don't mean to sound like the big bad NA nazi, but seriously, do yourself a favor and lay off the drugs. Pot is joke, but the rest of it can seriously fuck up your life. In 2003 I won an award for writing a story I don't remember writing. I don't remember anything about that year really, and the scary part is I didn't "hit rock bottom" for another 4 years. I have detoxed twice from serious addictions and believe me when I tell you it is worse than you can possibly imagine.

I've detoxed from heroin twice. It is absolutely the worst feeling you can possible imagine x a million. But, and this is the naive stance I had at at the time: I wanted to be a writer and to me, good writing meant having every imaginable experience under your belt to work from. So I did everything and I never regreted it. I have had the worst detoxing experiences that you could imagine, but I never wish I did anything else. Everything I have ever done has served a specific purpose--whether it be inspiring an idea of formulating an experience that I could build upon--that I have ever wished I did differently.

Would it be shitty to ask what it was like to do heroin? Or to detox from it?

Would it be shitty to ask what it was like to do heroin? Or to detox from it?

No, it wouldn't be shitty. I've always been pretty open about my experiences with drug use. I've never felt like I had anything to hide or be ashamed of. Doing heroin is like every pore of your body being in complete bliss. It is unparalleled. If you shoot it, it's like a fucking carnival coming into town at 300 mph into every part of you. There's a heat and pleasure that you cannot feel in any other way. Detox is the exact opposite of the high. All of your cells feel like they are fist fighting each other. Parts of you that you didn't know existed or at least never paid attention to hurt like fuck. The tips of your hair hurt. Your toenails hurt. Your eyelashes hurt. It's pretty fucking awful.

robitusson - once... why i don't know. i was a kid. i got sick more than anything.

this reminded me of one time i was in the ER for an allergic reaction to something and got an IV of diphenhydramine (benadryl) and steroids.. it felt like the same thing as being high

but i've just tried alcohol / weed n that's about it.. no real desire to try anything else

i use to smoke pot almost daily for a good 1/2 year to a year. I only did it...as cheesy as this sounds...because i loved listening to music under the influence. I stopped smoking it so in case i got drug tested looking for a job. It's been over a year. I can't wait to try it again. It never affected me negatively which is why i'm okay with it.

i tried salvia. Maaan that was pretty good for such a short high. I remember trying it and seeing a bunch of beer barrels stacked, and seeing general grevious stuck in one with his head sticking out. it was weird/awesome. turns out i was looking at a stack of blankets on a bed.

never anything not prescribed to me, but Demerol injections in the hospital were fucking amazing. i can see how you get addicted to that. percocet is shit if you're really in pain. vicoden is worse than shit unless you take 4 of them. percocet was much nicer than vics for pain management, but still sucked overall. those injections were amazing.

Guest smccown13

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this. I smoked pot for like..4 years..and then all of the sudden it quit being fun. I just got paranoid/depressed every time I smoked.

this sounds awesome

Doing heroin is like every pore of your body being in complete bliss. It is unparalleled. If you shoot it, it's like a fucking carnival coming into town at 300 mph into every part of you. There's a heat and pleasure that you cannot feel in any other way.

this sound horrifying

Detox is the exact opposite of the high. All of your cells feel like they are fist fighting each other. Parts of you that you didn't know existed or at least never paid attention to hurt like fuck. The tips of your hair hurt. Your toenails hurt. Your eyelashes hurt. It's pretty fucking awful.

that being said i'd never do anything that could kill me in one shot.

I can barely control my alcohol intake, so i figure its best if i avoid anything more addictive/damaging. I smoked pot once and if i can find the 'funny things while drunk' thread i'll throw it in there.

I most definitely abuse painkillers when prescribed to me, so its probably best i have no idea where to get them illegally.

Guest drahtuos

weed, all sorts of pills, coke, cough syrup, mushrooms, acid, and other hallucinogens. never used a needle for anything, only ever snorted, smoked or drank. i've been clean for over a year now, i only take what i'm prescribed and i drink, beers and whiskey, the sweet kind of whiskey only pussies and little girls can drink.

edit: i forgot about extacy and oxycontin but both can fall under the all sorts of pills category. oh and opium and salvia, i'm probably forgetting others. i love nitrous oxide when i go to the dentist.

Guest drahtuos

weed was my love though for a long time, saved me from ever becoming too invested in any of the other drugs.