news for fans of SCRUBS

From Zach Braffs facebook blog. The last season wasn't the best, but still better than most other things on TV. I'm interested to see what it's like.

To clear up the confusion:

Scrubs will be coming back, but in a new incarnation. Scrubs as we've all known it is over. That chapter is closed. But as there are so many fans of the characters and writing of the show worldwide, the powers that be have decided to try and keep them alive a little longer (in the spirit of "Frasier" being a new chapter of "Cheers".)

I will be in the first 6 episodes of this new incarnation to help transition the show into what it will become. And then I will be off to work on some new projects that I'm very excited about/ write my new movie/continue to learn how to fly airplanes.
:)
) As to what the new show is? That's only clear in the mind of Bill Lawrence at this time.

I know many of you will have very strong opinions on this topic. And I respect them all. But first and foremost, if any of you were in a position to put about 200 people whom you really loved back to work in this economy, you would do it in a second. That has always been in the back of Bill's and my mind; we just didn't imagine ABC would ever give us the opportunity to keep it going.

If anyone can find an interesting new shape for the show it's Bill. Don't hate it until you see what he comes up with. Once its up and going there will be plenty of time for you to decide whether you love it or hate it.

Hope this clarifies a few things. That's all the info there is on that right now... I hope this finds you smiling,

love,

zb

I never watch scrubs on ABC but i always watch the reruns on comedy central. I love the show. My only complaint is that JD just gets gayer and gayer every season and that before Cox opens his mouth you already know what he's going to say, but ted, the "turkeltons"haha, and the janitor make this show amazing.

i thought the abc season worked well. i had faded as a fan because the show just got more and more ridiculous, almost a live action family guy with all the cut scenes and absurdity. the last season was less formulaic, and there were a few episodes that were even touching (without just relying on some sappy singer-songwriter song over a montage). there was one episode that was almost entirely turk and jd sitting in a room talking to a guy who was going to die about death.

i too have tired of braff for the most part, but i'm at least curious about the new direction.