how do i tell my roommate idont wanna live w/ him?

It's time to find a new place to live for me come august 1st and i am sticking with one of the roommates i have now but we CANT live with our other roommate. hes a slob, never turns lights off, is always on the couch, annoying, etc. All after constantly asking, he never changes, so talking to him isnt an option.

but, i am good friends with him and he is going to be super pissed because he will have no one else to live with. so how should i tell him? what lies can i make up?

I was in a similar situation once when I lived in a house with four other dudes. When I came time to move, one of them wanted to live somewhere where he could have house shows & the rest of us didn't, so that was no problem there. Myself & one of the other two wanted to get a place together, but didn't want any issues with the third person so we just told him that if he wanted to remain friends that it would not be a good idea to keep living together because we were getting sick of him as a roommate. That seemed to work out & there were no hard feelings.

Don't lie, that'll probably just cause other problems. Just straight up tell him.

this. just be honest dude. I was in this situation before. I used to live with one of my friend, he was an awesome dude and really good friend but when it came to live with him it was a mess. He never washed his dishes, kitchen was a complete mess and i'm the opposite of that. So yeah, when it came time for me to leave, I told him the truth about all this and there was no problem.

It's time to find a new place to live for me come august 1st and i am sticking with one of the roommates i have now but we CANT live with our other roommate. hes a slob, never turns lights off, is always on the couch, annoying, etc. All after constantly asking, he never changes, so talking to him isnt an option.

but, i am good friends with him and he is going to be super pissed because he will have no one else to live with. so how should i tell him? what lies can i make up?

haha i had that EXACT same problem. we just kinda went out looking for house and dropping hints.

Just flat out tell him. Good friend or not, the guy is a slob and irresponsible like you have stated. Feelings will get hurt but that's part of being an adult...he needs to take responsability for himself and actions, and once the negatives start affecting those around him, especially those he lives with, time to move on and out.