The Senor And The Queen-The Gaslight Anthem

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the fuck sabot! They sent me black cause they said they ran out of red. I wish they could've told me this before so I could've got a red from No Idea. There is no communication with this label. Not even a white like that other guy who wasn't even that stoked on getting it.

Not even an Against me poster to sooth the pain.

Regardless though I'm stoked that I finally have a copy in my hands.

hey guys i need more negative karma, but since you all are apparently wicked christian or catholic, the whole karma thing doesn't really apply, but yeah, if you are or are not offended by the people/things they thank in their liner notes, at least they are making you think about it in some way, either yeah i agree with that or nah man that's not my thing, and that alone, to me, is being preachy. again, i like the music, but it does put a sour taste in my mouth. those dudes worked really hard to get where they are, they practiced and practiced and practiced and played really hard, and the fact that they don't 100% attribute it to that aspect (for those not paying attention, that aspect is their hard work) and instead share their talent with a higher being (you know, instead of the fact that they are good musicians for reasons besides a higher being/power), makes me question something about them. i've heard nothing but the fact that they are the best guys, but i observed this and thought i'd bring it up to discussion rather than you know, ignore it.

so yeah, give me negative karma, which a few of you have done, but at least you know

Or maybe, just maybe, we think that acting just as bigoted towards Christians, Jews, Catholics, Muslims or any other faith as the people of faith often act is stupid. Someone believes something different than you. Woopty!

Oh my goodness! They had the gall to think that, since one of them believes in God (and presumably a loving God), that they should thank that being for what can only be described as a meteoric rise through the underground. You know what? Even if I dont necessarily believe in the Christan God I think it's awesome when bands are brave enough to say in this "forward thinking" scene, "hey this is part of my life and thanks."

I'd be just as annoyed with you if you'd said "Fuck man, he thanked his boyfriend!" or "Man they thanked NORML" or "Man he thanked the Weather Underground"

As long as it's not in the music you have no real justification to bitch about it, other to score punx points with the other jack offs who think making fun of people who believe in God is ok because some of those people suck, and therefore all of them suck.

Also I wouldn't be bragging that you aren't in high school. HS kids can at least be excused from some of their ignorant arguments because they're kids trying to look cool. You make Adammuzzy look logical.