how nervous does getting vinyl make you?

so for the past couple of months i've been getting into collecting more and more....

and so far only bad thing that has happened was 2 copies of broken star came really warped. you could tell by the outside packaging that the whole thing was stepped on or fucked with. after letting them sit under some weight for a couple weeks i can now play them, still warped but playable.

i just got able baker fox from VC, which i'm been looking forward to for SOOO long...box looks fine BUT oh my the cover is bent in 2 places!!!!!

now at no point in the future would i ever want to sell/trade this so for me personally this isn't a HUGE issue unless the record is also warped, then i have a problem.

i sweated through a few moments of terror, opened the package and the record is fine. jesus was it a heart wrencher for a good 25 seconds before i could get it out of the packaging.

ok your turn, any good gut wrenching openings??

The only one of mine that has a severe warp was Vheissu by Thrice, but it doesn't affect play so it's not too bad. I need to find a way to fix it.

But I've not really had a really bad experience as of yet, most pieces I buy I ask what kind of shape it's in (in detail) several times over the transaction process.

I had one come fairly warped but still played. Other than that, I've had a lot of records come with broken spines on the sleeve, but I've kinda given up caring. I neatly put some tape over it to fix it with minimal visibility, then I shrug it off and put it on the shelf. If the record plays, that's, in the end, all I really care about.

this is not about a bad experience guys...

i love this record, and the copy is in perfect condition as far as i can tell.

it was just seeing the crease in the cover that made me scared so i ripped through the plastic covering praying that the record was fine.

this thread is for that 20 seconds of getting you package in the mail and going...oh man theres a dent on the box or i can see that it was left in the rain...but then opening it up...and everything is all well....

sigh...just talking about it has made me gitty again

i usually get packages from places/people who know how to securely pack records so i hardly ever get records/covers damaged while in transit. and the few times i do get damaged records, the place i ordered them from usually have no problem replacing the records. so, no, i don't get too nervous when opening records.

I was nervous/excited as fuck when PIB showed up. Definitely gut wrenching!

Oh yeah, and every time i get a record that was packed between two pieces of cardboard slapped together with tape sealing the perimeter. I have received way too many like this...surprisingly in good shape every time, though...

Guest genericinsight

Not really, but slightly disappointed if there's something wrong with the record. I.e. my Gaslight LP's (both of them, bought brand new last year) both skip like hell and are virtually unplayable, and I can't even get rid of them because of this fact (moral ethics aside I could, but I'm not like that).

Not really, but slightly disappointed if there's something wrong with the record. I.e. my Gaslight LP's (both of them, bought brand new last year) both skip like hell and are virtually unplayable, and I can't even get rid of them because of this fact (moral ethics aside I could, but I'm not like that).

Odds are, the kids dropping ridiculous cash for them on eBay aren't playing them, anyway.

my paint it black cover was ripped down the middle.

i was pretty pissed. the vinyl sounds great but whoever did the packing job can eat my ass!

bought an lp lot off ebay for 15 bucks. had insurance on it. some how the 12lbs of records got "lost" in richmond, ca. called the post office and called the richmond station this is what i got "alot of things go missing at this post office, may it be break ins or employees stealing"

yeah nice.

also waiting for mail is fucking a horror in itself

I've been buying/selling and what seems like weekly orders from No Idea for about 8 years now and only last month was my first bad experience.

That I can remember at least.

I've always been good shipping and receiving in the record mailers w/ bubble wrap. They have always been pretty good for me.

I decided to part ways with my White Stripes collection and a guy won my copy of the self titled LP on black. I send out the day after payment and 3 days later I get this:

[image]Very Poor Packaging, Record Ripped Through The Jacket & It Is Now Worthless.

I freaked not just cause the record was wrecked but becuase there was never contact. I did contact him immediately and just had this sick feeling it had happened. Now ironically I had just gotten the HWM - Fuel Cow Spot and the Tim Barry - Demos on that orange/red swil recently and they were packed the same way I packed mine. PERFECT! So anyway, I demanded he get a reunfd and got it to him right away. Within 24 hours. Now I am armed with double bubble wrap and extra sedfcurity when I send anything. Still waiting to hear about the AFI - All Hallows EP on orange I sent to Australia a week and a half ago. That package was a good 4 inches thick and secured and wrapped and over again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

My negative feedback was retracted as well.

PHEW!