PO: DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE "Something About Airplanes

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE "Something About Airplanes" LP re-issue

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/SBR002-1

Death Cab fans, listen up. Sonic Boom Records is doing a repress of "Something About Airplanes" which might be considered their first album. To me, this and "We've Got the Facts" are my favorites. According to Sonic Boom, this might be their last pressing of "Something..." as Barsuk will be taking over the future pressings of the album. If you want to get a copy on Sonic Boom, I recommend you get one through us. We will be getting 100 copies.

Guest markovianprocess

This could not have been any worse timing for me. My copy of an older pressing of this record just arrived today.

foreshadowing the rest of the catalog repress? =D

Any reason to believe this? I thought they had said Transatlanticism was a definite no as they didn't have the art or something. Also, in the OP it just says that this is being pressed before Barsuk takes over the rights. Doesn't Barsuk already have the rights to most of the DCFC albums?

I just don't know why if they were going to do say We Have the Facts, Airplanes, Photo Album, and Transatlanticism they would start with Airplanes. Why wouldn't they start with Facts?

foreshadowing the rest of the catalog repress? =D

Any reason to believe this? I thought they had said Transatlanticism was a definite no as they didn't have the art or something. Also, in the OP it just says that this is being pressed before Barsuk takes over the rights. Doesn't Barsuk already have the rights to most of the DCFC albums?

I just don't know why if they were going to do say We Have the Facts, Airplanes, Photo Album, and Transatlanticism they would start with Airplanes. Why wouldn't they start with Facts?

There has been rumor of a Death Cab vinyl boxset. Without the rights to Airplanes and Transatlanticism, it would be a pretty bunk box set.

There has been rumor of a Death Cab vinyl boxset. Without the rights to Airplanes and Transatlanticism, it would be a pretty bunk box set.

So Barsuk owns the rights to We Have the Facts and Photo Album? And they will soon own the rights to the other two? Is that what is being assumed. That when they give the rights to Barsuk, Barsuk will do a boxset? It doesn't really say when exactly they are transferring the rights? It says it "might" be their last pressing...