Some films should never be remade/prequeled/etc.!!

How are there these movies where Seth Rogan and Pual Rudd are buddies when Rudd is like 14 years older than him? I mean, I got older friends but they always make it seem like they're the same age.

Also, I don't mind remakes in that they don't destroy the original, they're just unnecessary. There was a time when you needed creative to make a script. Now it seems like you just go, "It's threes company, but with two guys and a girl! That's right a Threes Company Reboot!" and fucking Miramax cuts you a billion dollar check.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im still waiting for the "BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA" remake

Clash of the Titans might be cool if it's done right...but with a director like louis leterrier, it's gpnna be typical hollywood cheese. I'm curious to see how they rewrite things. if they are gonna play more on greek mythology or start adding bullshit like Caribos again. Even though i thought Caribos was awesome in COTT originally. Bring on THE KRAKEN!

Seriously, as long as they don't remake Caddyshack (Because they can't) or "Smokey and the Bandit" (rip Jackie Gleason) i'll be satisfied.

I had no idea there was a abundance of remakes, prequels and sequels coming out! I lost faith in remakes after Michael Bay ruined Transformers, with the exception of the Where the Wild Things Are, which actually doesn't look bad.

I don't think Where the Wild Things Are even remotely falls in to this category. It's never been a major studio film. And even if it was, this time around, Spike Jonze is directing and Dave Eggers wrote the script so that = FTW.

Guest naytoid
I'm kinda worried about the Nightmare on Elm Street reboot. Mostly because I can't see anyone except Robert Englund playing him (which he isn't).

I was the exact same way, but since I heard Jackie Earle Haley is going to play Freddy I've been feeling a little bit better about it.

i've thought this for a few years now, but this thread solidifies my theory:

hollywood is officially out of original ideas.

yeah but the departed was rad

Sadly, The Departed was adapted from a Japanese film (sad because it wasn't original, not because its Japanese). It's really upsetting that with so many minds in Hollywood being paid so much money they can barely come up with a decent plot or concept. People finally seem to be realizing this which has led more and more turning towards independent films, which I am all for. Independent filmmakers have done far better to match the progression of international filmmaking without most of the resources the big guys have.

Word on the internets is that it's being written by some guys who write for The Office (good news), and that all the original cast, including Bill Murray (good news) and Rick Moranis (awesome news) have signed on. The scary part, assuming the script is somewhat solid, is who they'll pick to be part of the new generation the old guys have to train. Paul Rudd and Seth Rogen (awesome idea), Shia Lebeoueoeueoff and Stiffler (terrible idea).

dan ackroyd said that the main ghostbuster in the new group was going to be a girl (eliza duski sp?).

Girls can't bust ghosts! Hell, the proton pack would break her spine if she tried to carry it. I'm sure she can find work in either the housekeeping or food service industries.

dan ackroyd said that the main ghostbuster in the new group was going to be a girl (eliza duski sp?).

Girls can't bust ghosts! Hell, the proton pack would break her spine if she tried to carry it. I'm sure she can find work in either the housekeeping or food service industries.

ZING!

Guest naytoid

I see what you did there +1