Some films should never be remade/prequeled/etc.!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah fuck the new WW flick. Some nerd at Moviestop told me they were gonna remake Oldboy with Will Smith. WHAT THE SHIT!

this has been spoken for a while. I was pretty peeved to hear this. how do you do a remake (or different take) on this movie.

I love Tim Burton and Depp but that willy wonka movie gave me a uneasy feeling in my stomach.. like 40 minutes after eating TACO BELL uneasy.

Hollywood has run out of ideas... Thank god for the independent artists to make something worth watching. I recently saw a ton of trailers for "Away we Go", "The Answer Man" and im really curious to see "moon" mainly because sam rockwell is the shit..

I maintain that the original Willy Wonka was not a good movie on it's own merits, and people only feel nostalgic toward it.

i have to disagree. I found it quite entertaining and have so ever since. I"ve never been one to like something just because i loved it as a child. There are tons of movies i still question why i liked them when i was younger. Same goes for bands. I think when people have a liking for things nostalgic they usually don't make it a point to watch or listen to something for nostalgic reasons unless they are encountered too. like a song on a radio or a movie on tv. Nothing they would actually watch on their own or listen to at any given time.

This movie i watch at least 3 to 4 times a year. IT's just bizarre in it's structure and I'm a super big gene wilder fan so... The songs are catchy and the characters and their idiosyncrasies which develop and eventually become their downfall to which drops them out of contention for the grand prize. The movie for it's time had it's fair share of dark humor. Overall it wasn't perfect by any means, but i thought it was pretty awesome none the less.

c'mon how can you not love jack albertson... chico and the man yo!

I maintain that the original Willy Wonka was not a good movie on it's own merits, and people only feel nostalgic toward it.

i have to disagree. I found it quite entertaining and have so ever since. I"ve never been one to like something just because i loved it as a child. There are tons of movies i still question why i liked them when i was younger. Same goes for bands. I think when people have a liking for things nostalgic they usually don't make it a point to watch or listen to something for nostalgic reasons unless they are encountered too. like a song on a radio or a movie on tv. Nothing they would actually watch on their own or listen to at any given time.

This movie i watch at least 3 to 4 times a year. IT's just bizarre in it's structure and I'm a super big gene wilder fan so... The songs are catchy and the characters and their idiosyncrasies which develop and eventually become their downfall to which drops them out of contention for the grand prize. The movie for it's time had it's fair share of dark humor. Overall it wasn't perfect by any means, but i thought it was pretty awesome none the less.

the candyman song in the beginning cracks me up

the candyman song in the beginning cracks me up

sloppy seconds covered it