Woman throws away mattress with $1 million inside

http://www.cleveland.com/world/index.ssf/2009/06/israeli_woman_mistakenly_junks.html

The best part:

The woman told The Associated Press that she bought her elderly mother a new mattress as a surprise present on Monday -- and threw out the old one.

The next day, she said, she remembered that she had hidden her life savings inside the old mattress. "I woke up in the morning screaming, when it hit me what happened," said the Tel Aviv woman, who asked not to be identified.

How in the fuck do you FORGET your mattress has your life savings inside?!?

Seriously?

I think Maryland too, you have to take them to the dump. I guess they have mercury in them (same as computers or monitors, i think).

yea i figured that was the case for everywhere. we emptied out my cellar this past weekend and have about 10-15 old ass computers/monitors/keyboards/TVs that we gotta take all to the dump.

There's always money in the banana stand!

This is why I meticulously dismantle everything I throw away. I once spent a month smashing a television into tiny pieces. It's illegal to throw a TV in the trash in Colorado ... but not TV parts!

we had to throw out a couch a couple months back, and we hacked it to pieces and burn it rather than bring it to the dump