Grade/Bane/Unrestrained/Btwn Earth & Sky split 7"

From Grade's myspace blog:

On July 6th we're starting to record a couple of new songs for the At Both Ends Magazine final issue double 7" comp with our old friends from Bane!! This is going to be very limited vinyl only available with the magazine, but we might release it as a digital EP sometime after the 7" is out, we'll see what happens.

Shawn, Greg, Kyle and I have been jamming with our good friend Matt Richmond (from the Video Dead and Saint Alvia) for a little while now. What started out as getting together to jam for fun has produced some pretty awesome new songs and we can't wait to get in the studio and see what we can do with them. No plans for reunion tours or albums or any of that stuff right now, we're just having a good time playing together again and we'll see where it goes from here.

Matt/Grade

The release from At Both Ends is below.

+++++++++++

At Both Ends zine has been pretty quiet over the past few years but coming this fall will be a final issue. This is something special I’ve been planning for a while; it’s going to be really cool so hopefully you’ll dig it.

This thing is going to be a monster in the 160-page range with full colour covers on some nice, coated paper. Expect something really slick. Some of the major articles will include Sick Of It All, Bane, Shai Hulud, Shook Ones, Greg Bennick, Anchor, To Kill, and Wait In Vain, and a ton more. There’s just too much content to list here.

Every zine will come with a double 7” compilation; each band listed will contribute two brand new songs.

-Grade: A brand new recording from 4 original members of one of Canada's best. They’ve been broken up for seven years but are back in the studio recording specifically for this.

-Bane: Their first new recording since The Note was released four years ago.

-Between Earth And Sky: Greg Bennick of Trial’s new band along with members of Strain and By A Thread.

-Unrestrained: From Portland, OR. Includes former members of Desperate Measures, Pulling Teeth, and The Dead Unknown.

If you are interested in advertising, distribution, or have any questions please email here: info [at] atbothendsmagazine.com

www.atbothendsmagazine.com

www.myspace.com/gradeundertheradar

www.myspace.com/banecentral

www.myspace.com/betweenearthandsky

www.myspace.com/unrestrainedpdx

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
nope, ws wondering about this last night.

kinda helps build the "don't put up a pre-order until you have the fucking records" case a bit.

agreed. And I keep getting suckered into it, for fear of not getting something. I really need to show better restraint.

I think it's why I really like what happened with the new Blacklisted album. No pre-order. wasn't leaked months in advance. It came in, and all of a sudden, it was available immediately to the public. I'd like to see more large releases use this model for releases.

Haha, and I almost hijacked my own question for a completely different discussion. whoops.

kinda helps build the "don't put up a pre-order until you have the fucking records" case a bit.

I'm a lot more bummed about the insane number of varients that this release has as opposed to the time it took, no way in hell I'll ever have a complete Grade set now...

I'm a lot more bummed about the insane number of varients that this release has as opposed to the time it took, no way in hell I'll ever have a complete Grade set now...

i got about 10 ten of these in for my distro, if your looking for any certain color let me know and i can check. i havent even looked myself.

i got about 10 ten of these in for my distro, if your looking for any certain color let me know and i can check. i havent even looked myself.

the guy that did this release w/ the Zine sent out an E-Mail to everybody that Pre-Ordered...he was willing to worth with completists and even sell each record at WholeSale pricing...but for every varient it came out to be like 250-300 bucks....so I appreciate the offer man, but I'm just gonna stick with the 3 I got and later on in life if they end up on for sale somewhere mega-cheap I'll round 'em up then...I can't justify dropping that kind of cash on that many varients of a single record at this point in ma life