I'm currently driving halfway across...

I'm moving from Colorado to Florida in July. Should I just ship my vinyl down there instead of driving? I'll be stopping in Illinois for the cornerstone music festival for a week and I'm worried all the heat and humidity will warp my records. What do you think I should do?

Yes. Ship them.

Don't take them to Cornerstone.

That place is fucking hot and will warp the shit out of your records.

I'm moving from Colorado to Florida in July. Should I just ship my vinyl down there instead of driving? I'll be stopping in Illinois for the cornerstone music festival for a week and I'm worried all the heat and humidity will warp my records. What do you think I should do?

how many records are we talking here? I wouldn't really trust shipping a whole bunch, seems like things could get seriously damaged.

You should skip the festival and drive them...

how many records are we talking here? I wouldn't really trust shipping a whole bunch, seems like things could get seriously damaged.

You should skip the festival and drive them...

haha no way am i skipping that. I just started collecting so i only have 30 or 40 records. I figure it's probably the best idea to ship them.

When I went to New York for 4 months, I knew I was going to be buying records so I just bought one of these

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Odyssey-Carpeted-Pro-200-LP-Case-804723-i1156006.gc

There are smaller ones, the one I got is for 70 LPs, and it works great. Really good for out of town trips where you know your going to do some record shopping.

I drove my collection cross country and back with no problems. 2,500 miles each way. I used cardboard boxes similar to these and had no problems.

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/browse.asp?subcat=14

Me too, I just buried them in boxes in the back of my trunk to be both a) out of direct sunlight and B) closer to the AC. Make sure you have an alarm on your car and park it in front of your hotel room if you're taking stops.

I've been checking them every time I stop for gas and food, just to make sure they have haven't moved around too much and nothing is being crushed. I have all the milk crates stacked - that's the best I can do for now. They should be fine.

I'm more worried about getting in a wreck! Imagine your entire collection being totaled with your car and your body. Which would you feel worse about? haha