Transatlanticism - US vs. German Pressings?

Guest markovianprocess

Okay well I have the German pressing (but not the US one) and on the back it is labelled:

Grand Hotel Van Cleef

GHvC

Neuer Kamp 25

20359 Hamburg

www.ghvc.de

The pressing is pretty thick.

Guest markovianprocess
i think with the german pressing, the records come in printed inner sleeves, and the us pressing they come in white sleeves, but the insert is a lp sized booklet, i think 12 or 24 pages.

The German pressing does come with printed inner sleeves, artwork on one side and lyrics on the other side for each record. It has no booklet.

• 2 years later...
On my German pressing, it reads "mastered by Ed Brooks at RFI / Prepared for vinyl by Kevin Gray and Lon Neumann at AcousTech Mastering". Can someone with a US copy tell me what theirs says about the mastering? Wondering if they are in fact different at all.

My U.S. press says the exact same thing. It also says "Pressed at RTI" right after that.

The US pressing also comes with the jaunty air of superiority.

HAHA!

I was so mad I didn't get this when it was readily available. I had to pay someone on eBay like $20 bucks for it. Ugh, the nerve :)

Truly, at the time, I thought paying $24 PPD or whatever I did in 2006 was so much money for this record but I'm glad I did.

• 2 months later...

" a bummer because the euro pressing is sub-par when compared to the US pressing. euro quality is a bit lower because it isn't entirely "analog" as it went tape->cd->vinyl. the US pressing is analog in every sense of the word (tape masters->vinyl)."

^^found that in another forum. can anyone back that up?

• 2 months later...