PO: MISCHIEF BREW / ANDREW JACKSON JIHAD: Split 8"

Guest admin1338560633

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got this today directly from Pirates Press -- really disappointed that it was shipped loose in a 12-inch mailer, with no packing material whatsoever. There's already a seam split.

This is how mine was shipped, except that it was in an usually thick 12-inch mailer, could've probably fit 15 - 20 LPs without much of an issue. I did have some packing material in mine though, and by packing material I mean 4 Pirate's Press stickers, and a wadded up piece of industrial grade clear plastic wrap.

Pop by the office or remind us on your next order and we'll send out a new sleeve.

Sorry you're bummed.

I just find it kind of ironic that earlier this thread you did the whole "We ship records all over the world, it'll arrive safely" bit. I understand no one makes 8-inch mailers, but they do make 10-inch ones, which would've been preferable -- or, better yet, actually use packing material to secure the record. I don't understand why that wasn't done.

Just bums me out, is all. I paid $10+ for a single that is already damaged upon opening, and could've been even more damaged had it been in transit longer.

Pop by the office or remind us on your next order and we'll send out a new sleeve.

Sorry you're bummed.

I just find it kind of ironic that earlier this thread you did the whole "We ship records all over the world, it'll arrive safely" bit. I understand no one makes 8-inch mailers, but they do make 10-inch ones, which would've been preferable -- or, better yet, actually use packing material to secure the record. I don't understand why that wasn't done.

Just bums me out, is all. I paid $10+ for a single that is already damaged upon opening, and could've been even more damaged had it been in transit longer.

Look we sent out over 170 records last week. We ran out of shippers and we did the best we could to get the records to everyone in a timely manner. We know people get anxious if they don't get their records right away.

I offered a resolution to the problem, you can contact us off this thread via email and we can help resolve whatever issue there is. And that goes to anyone who has an issue. We love the records and packaging as much as anyone out there and hate it when this stuff happens.

Your solution was for me to A) fly out to San Francisco to get a new sleeve or B) order more stuff from you and risk having that poorly packaged, too.

I don't need a new sleeve; I'll live with the torn one. These PVC sleeves tear all the time, anyway; it was bound to happen sooner or later. My whole reason for posting any of this is because you specifically said "We ship records all over the world, it'll arrive safely," and then didn't pack the record well. If you were in my shoes, you'd be a little bummed (and also mildly amused) at this, too.

Your solution was for me to A) fly out to San Francisco to get a new sleeve or B) order more stuff from you and risk having that poorly packaged, too.

I don't need a new sleeve; I'll live with the torn one. These PVC sleeves tear all the time, anyway; it was bound to happen sooner or later. My whole reason for posting any of this is because you specifically said "We ship records all over the world, it'll arrive safely," and then didn't pack the record well. If you were in my shoes, you'd be a little bummed (and also mildly amused) at this, too.

Sorry man. Shit happens sometimes. Instead of complaining on this message board you could have just contacted us and we could have resolved it. Could have been a super simple resolution.

I'm super impressed with this release. Although I ordered for the AJJ side, Mischief Brew sounds equally amazing. After I listened to some Can't Maintain, I got on the fence after ordering it, because I'm super broke and AJJ can be hit or miss to me. Awesome song and the concentric groove is cool as hell.

Also I got mine in a 12 inch mailer, but that doesn't bother me at all. I'm sick of hearing bitching about packing records to mail.

Also I got mine in a 12 inch mailer, but that doesn't bother me at all. I'm sick of hearing bitching about packing records to mail.

I just think it's because it's kind of a bitch to deal with labels sometimes when they're not cool about replacing them if something does happen. Some labels have no issues and will send shit right out, other labels want you to go through a bunch of shit to replace an $8 record when it was there fault in the first place.

The one complaint I have with PP is the price of shipping. Any other release and I would have skipped out on it because of shipping. Not sure why more labels are going to this priority only shipping, but kind of lame, especially with the cost of records in general rising and the economy going to shit

Guest adam526

I just think it's because it's kind of a bitch to deal with labels sometimes when they're not cool about replacing them if something does happen. Some labels have no issues and will send shit right out, other labels want you to go through a bunch of shit to replace an $8 record when it was there fault in the first place.

The one complaint I have with PP is the price of shipping. Any other release and I would have skipped out on it because of shipping. Not sure why more labels are going to this priority only shipping, but kind of lame, especially with the cost of records in general rising and the economy going to shit

My shipping was like $2.50.........

you'll understand why people get peeved after receiving numerous packages of records (some OOP) that arrive in 12 pieces or are horrendously warped. Stuff that could have easily been avoided had they been packaged correctly.

I for one got my package and i didn't mind it arriving in a 12" mailer. I did mind that it was shuffling about in the package when i received it. It did arrive intact, no seam split, beautiful as all hell, and in quite a quick manner. But it still was poorly packaged. it could have easily been bent, cracked, broken, etc. You have to take into account that along with the praise, there is gonna be some vocal criticism for the fault of the label/seller to properly package. i know labels always make their best effort to remedy the matter (and 99% of the time do), but it still needs to be publicly noted. Just like any review of any item or product. Whether it be records, cd's, guitar equipment, a toaster oven. etc etc.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. Glad those of you who are stoked are happy. And thanks to everyone with _positive_ feedback. We definitely want people to be happy. We'll take your suggestions into account next time around. And there will definitely be a next time. We have another rad release coming up in the next couple of months, so keep your eyes peeled.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...