If you were to move to a new state...

Guest kissthesharks

Guest adam526
States I've lived: PA, TX, CA, NM

States I've yet to visit: OR, MA, WA, AK, ID, WY, ND, NY, VT, ME, NH, HI

States I'd move to: MA, OR, WA, AK, or Toronto, ON Canada

I'm going to steal your idea.

States I've lived in: Michigan,New Jersey, Massachusetts, District of Colombia, New Hampshire, Maryland, California.

States I've yet to visit: Hawaii, Alaska, North Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Nebraska, Wyoming.

States I'd move to : Oregon, Washington.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest adam526
Maine.

Ha, i figured I would be the only one.

I have lived in: IL, WI, IN, and Upstate NY.

I would love to live in: MN, ME, WI, NH, & some parts of MI.

Alaska seems cool, but I've never been there. If you can't tell, I fucking hate hot weather.

Also, I'd move to Canada in a drop of a hat.

What are you doing in South Bend? I have a lot of family there, and I can't stand going there.

what would it be? I like to think I'll end up in Pennsylvania or Massachussets one day. What about you guys? If you are happy with the state you are in, just throw one out for fun.

admit it scotty, you only want to move to PA because of me!

incidentally, i really want to move up to mass or another new england state someday. love love love new england.

I have never lived anywhere else except PA. I have mad PA pride. I will probably get a PA tattoo one day.

If I ever move out of Philly it will likely be to NYC or Boston. I can't really see myself moving out of the Northeast coast unless I get the most crazy job offer elsewhere. I am definitely a quintessential Northeaster. East coast!

I totally wouldn't be opposed to moving abroad either.

I have never lived anywhere else except PA. I have mad PA pride. I will probably get a PA tattoo one day.

If I ever move out of Philly it will likely be to NYC or Boston. I can't really see myself moving out of the Northeast coast unless I get the most crazy job offer elsewhere. I am definitely a quintessential Northeaster. East coast!

I totally wouldn't be opposed to moving abroad either.

Pennsylvania I fucking love you, you keep me safe and you give me a shelter.

I dream about my home when i’m away from you.

no matter where I roam I will come back to you

we are the keystone; land where our fathers died!

we are the working class; rebirth of the hardcore pride!

we are the keystone. that’s where they’ll bury me.

i’m represent PA HARDCORE TIL THE DAY I DIE!

Not being an ass -- just a question...

When I drove from Erie to Philly a few weeks ago, I couldn't get over the incredibly long construction zones (in excess of 10 miles sometimes) without a single sign of construction of any sort. There were not less than 5 of these along I-80 that snarled traffic for miles and miles. What's up with that? Is it a common thing in PA? I've never seen anything like it.

When I drove from Erie to Philly a few weeks ago, I couldn't get over the incredibly long construction zones (in excess of 10 miles sometimes) without a single sign of construction of any sort. There were not less than 5 of these along I-80 that snarled traffic for miles and miles. What's up with that? Is it a common thing in PA? I've never seen anything like it.

yes, yes it is.

in fact, if i drive somewhere more than 45 minutes away and don't encounter some crazy construction or delay due to construction, i'm surprised.

they're constantly being worked on, but we still have some of the worst roads in the country.

Boston is pretty much my second home anyway, but its so expensive.

Either that area or Vermont, and not Burlington, but like, small "city", backwoods VT.

But honestly, I have no desire to leave Buffalo again. I did my traveling and living away from here, and it really made me appreciate what this place is.

I moved from Long Island to Virginia (in the DC suburbs). I think it was for the better, but obviously there's elements of LI and NYC that I miss. The mid-atlantic is pretty great for weather since you get all four seasons, but the winter is usually mild. Of course, the DC humidity is brutal in the summer, but you get used to it. If I had to move to another state, I'd strongly consider North Carolina, particular in the research triangle area -- even less of a winter, and the cost of living is way, waaaaaaaay cheaper than the DC area.

yes, yes it is.

in fact, if i drive somewhere more than 45 minutes away and don't encounter some crazy construction or delay due to construction, i'm surprised.

they're constantly being worked on, but we still have some of the worst roads in the country.

There is an unspoken rule that you cannot drive anywhere in PA without hitting construction before you reach your destination.

My 9th grade science teacher had a poster in his classroom. It said something like "official PA symbols." It had a construction worker and was like "Official state mascot", a sign that said "road closed construction ahead" and under it it said "state motto" etc. I don't remember it in too much detail but it was pretty funny.

Guest kissthesharks

Yeah I remember visiting Colorado and really liking it. I'm not sure if I already mentioned Oregon, but that one is up there.

Guest kissthesharks

admit it scotty, you only want to move to PA because of me!

incidentally, i really want to move up to mass or another new england state someday. love love love new england.

You caught me there Al, I would even quit drinking and smoking with cigarettes.

Guest kissthesharks
I plan on moving back to Texas--Austin specifically--after I graduate. NYC is not all it's cracked up to be, IMO.

When I leave Amarillo, and if I'm staying in Texas...it's austin for me. I kind of wish they had more festivals though...oh well!

i love texas. I eventually would like to live in austin. It's not as hot as south texas (the weather has been brutal lately). The only perk of south texas is how cheap everything is.

as far as another state i would like to live in, i'd like something cool, weather wise, and natural disaster free. I am freaked out that a hurricane is gonna come and fuck up where i live (weslaco, tx; 40 minutes away from south padre island), especially since we're so below sea level.