Leatherface

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think they are that hard to come buy. i don't know the sites off hand but I know i've seen them. i saw some real early test pressings on ebay for like $100 a while back...wish I would have had the extra cash. fantastic band

anyone ever listen to the 2cd tribute? i just found out it existed and am prob gonna order it.

Are the above posters talking about vinyl or CD?

A clean copy of Mush on vinyl will sell for a lot. I will pay way more than 11 pounds (plus shipping from wherever) for a mint Mush.

The CD's sell for less because there are at least 3 different versions of Mush floating around. The CD's that were never pressed on vinyl have been fetching outrageous prices:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEATHERFACE-Discography-Part-1-CD-RARE-OOP-stubbs-punk_W0QQitemZ130203283066

although that was a fluke.

Easiest vinyl (other than those mentioned) to find is the Little White God 7", Compact and Bijou 10", and Do The Right Thing 12". Of course everything is out of print.

I put pictures of most of the releases up on Deadformat.

Easiest vinyl (other than those mentioned) to find is the Little White God 7", Compact and Bijou 10", and Do The Right Thing 12". Of course everything is out of print.

Have things changed recently, because Compact and Bijou was a REAL bitch to find back when I got it (97 or 98 or so). I Paid 100 bucks for my copy of Mush (probably in 2001 0r 2002).

Have things changed recently, because Compact and Bijou was a REAL bitch to find back when I got it (97 or 98 or so). I Paid 100 bucks for my copy of Mush (probably in 2001 0r 2002).

Yikes, I'd love to have a copy of Mush but I don't think I'd pay more than $40 for it.

That will be a true find to get Mush for under $40.

The test just sold for $360:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190202130771

Tim, I also had to pay for Compact and Bijou back in the day. The Beerpig 7" was also $$$ and seems to have settled in recent times (when it shows up).

whats the best place to start with this band?

i have the HWM split not really into it

I'm a big HWM fan and I've always gotten the feeling that I "should" like Leatherface, but never really got into more than a couple songs here and there. However, after recently checking out Mush I'm totally hooked.

I rediscovered the Leatherface half of the split with HWM after having the split for a year or so. It wasn't until I heard Horsebox (my favorite), Cherry Knowle and Mush that I was really hooked. Frankies acoustic stuff is really good as well. Where can I find the Tribute disc? I would love that.

Mush

Dog Disco

Horsebox

Cherry Knowle

Minx(recorded poorly, but the songs are good)

Fill Your Boots(easily available via iTunes, never seen a real copy)

the Last

Discography Pt. 2 (never seen part one)

the HWM split songs are awesome more so after you get into the band's older records and understand how they work.

the intro to Springtime is one of the most intense 30 seconds of recorded music. ever.

one of the greatest bands ever.

Fuck yeah with the Springtime comment! 'Not A Day Goes By' is amazing! Personal fave order:

1) Mush (the basis for all HWM-esque bands today...A CLASSIC!)

2) HWM Split

3) The Last

4) Minx

5) Cherry Knowle

6) Dog Disco

7) Horsebox

The singles are all awesome too, but if you can get hold of any of Frankie's acoustic releases, buy them! You won't be disappointed!

PM me if anyone wants MP3s of said Frankie tuneage!

Mush

Dog Disco

Horsebox

Cherry Knowle

Minx(recorded poorly, but the songs are good)

Fill Your Boots(easily available via iTunes, never seen a real copy)

the Last

Discography Pt. 2 (never seen part one)

the HWM split songs are awesome more so after you get into the band's older records and understand how they work.

the intro to Springtime is one of the most intense 30 seconds of recorded music. ever.

one of the greatest bands ever.

Mush is one of the best punkrock LPs ever released. Everybody should own a copy of this record. Really.

btw, if you like LFC, definetly check out the Jessie LP and the Pope LP, Frankies side projects during the hiatus of Leatherface in the late 90ies. Especially the Jessie LP has some amazing songs like Jack Christ and Indestructable

my top 6

Mush

Live in Oslo (best live album ever released by a band)

Discography 2 (Eagle, A public house and Hops and Barley are ripping!!!)

Smokey Joe

Cherry Knowle

Compact and bijou

I love LFC:

[image]

Frank, I've said it before, that is an unbelievable collection ^

Looks like we're going to be fighting for the same Jessie 7"s :(

You should also pick up the FC St Pauli ist schuld 2xLP and We are the People comps

And I´ve said it also before Stefan, yours is also superb ;)

nah, I don´t wanna fight for those Jessie 7"s, if I come across them cheap, I´d probably pick em up, but not for top prices. There are other collections I´m doing that have more priority than Jessie.

Although I´d really like to fill the missing gaps in my LFC collection, but most of them are TPs and very hard to locate.

Hmm, what else am I missing? Can´t think of anything else than TPs, Jessie 7"s and some comps....

Other than those two comps and the side projects (there are too many! Jessie, HDQ, Doctor Bison, Jones',..) that looks like everything. Maybe the normal cover Deranged version of Discography Pt2 and the other pressing of Minx (w/o the sticker and 7") if you're looking for all variants?

I still need a brown cover Razorblades and didn't bid on the one that just ended on Ebay. Not looking for tests, those will be too expensive.