Depression tips?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Working on the drinking.

I love my girlfriend and she loves me, but I can never feel happy for more than 10 minutes and cannot help but feel like this is not worth it.

I had the same problem last year, the hardest part is realizing its not working, while you may love someone and they may love you back, it shouldn't show that a relationship is stable. I didn't want to leave my ex cause I didnt want to be alone but I saw that being completely happy would only happen for me if I wasn't with her.Im not sure if thats the best option for you but I hope everything turns out ok for you man.

the fucking do something about it. dont just sit around and act all mopey, dwelling on why your life "sucks". dont have friends, why not? make some. people are easy. find something that makes you happy and just fucking do it. cut the bullshit about how you cant or what other people might think, and just fucking do it. odds are once you start, youll find more people who are into it and boom. friends.

you are not happy with your life because you choose not to be happy with your life.

you only get one life and if you are just going to waste yours being all whiny, then i dont know, roll the dice and try again.

the fucking do something about it. dont just sit around and act all mopey, dwelling on why your life "sucks". dont have friends, why not? make some. people are easy. find something that makes you happy and just fucking do it. cut the bullshit about how you cant or what other people might think, and just fucking do it. odds are once you start, youll find more people who are into it and boom. friends.

you are not happy with your life because you choose not to be happy with your life.

you only get one life and if you are just going to waste yours being all whiny, then i dont know, roll the dice and try again.

^^

It's true. I've battled for depression for over 5 months now and I'm finally starting to snap out of it. You can make your life whatever you want it to be you just have to be positive and stop dwelling over bullshit and DO something about it. It's all about ACTION not reaction.

Get physical! Go for a jog tomorrow, ride a bike, whatever... just push yourself to the limits, you will be surprised on how good you will feel. Make it a routine and do it as much as you can.

Also, pick up the book "Man's Search for Meaning" by Viktor E. Frankl.

^^

It's true. I've battled for depression for over 5 months now and I'm finally starting to snap out of it. You can make your life whatever you want it to be you just have to be positive and stop dwelling over bullshit and DO something about it. It's all about ACTION not reaction.

Get physical! Go for a jog tomorrow, ride a bike, whatever... just push yourself to the limits, you will be surprised on how good you will feel. Make it a routine and do it as much as you can.

Also, pick up the book "Man's Search for Meaning" by Viktor E. Frankl.

okay viktor.

whatever dude. just trying to help and share some resources that recently helped me.

good luck.

Guest genericinsight

This board does not take the depression issue seriously at all.

There's so much more to it than just suck it up... when someone reaches out to help, nobody gives a shit.

Way to go guys, way to go.