THE POST YOUR MUSIC GEAR THREAD (w/pics)

Just got another instrument recently, so I figured I would resurrect this awesome thread.

1963 Fender Precision and 1974 Fender Jazz, both with EMGs. My current gig rig is behind them (Acoustic 370 amp through a Yamaha 1x15" w/horn PA cab)

[image]

1975 Fender Jazz with DiMarzios hanging out with her older sister...

[image]

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

na, we both had 490t's in our bridge. I replaced mine with a burstbucker pro hot wound bridge and kept a 490r in the neck. THe burstbucker still doesn't have that mmmffff that i want. the tone is excellent and the notes ring clearer than the 490t that i had, but it doesn't give off enough distortion. I finally talked to a friend and he said i was retarded for getting a burstbucker if i wanted more distortion even if it was hot wound because the most they get is about 10k. So he said next time i go to corpus he'll put in a seymour duncan in it and make it ring and sound good. BUt he said if i want to play metal and don't want that cruddy line 6 processed sound (no offense to anyone) then i should get a heavier weight guitar with good pickups and a 500k pot switches so they are loud as fuck.. SO i bought a standard LP. But i don't plan on using it for the metal band im in though. i love my sg, but i just need to fix it a bit.

What kind of amp are you using? I've had Bursterbuckers in guitars before and they sounded pretty good (at least better than the 490s that used to be the stock pickup in all Gibson guitars).

Right now I have a WCR pickup in the bridge (it's be soon long since I put them in I don't remember which model! haha...). It's a similar pickup to the Burstbucker (ie - lower output PAF style). Really, high output pickups are unnecessary with the amount of preamp gain modern amps have. I'm not sure what kind of amp you have.

i have a mig 100. but it's not the "H" hi gain one. it has great tone, and a decent amount of gain if i was playing anything but metal, but with my sg and this, it's not a good combo for what i need it for i guess. i probably should get a new pickup and swap out the electronics to some 500k pots. i am gonna buy a agile pretty soon and swap out the pick-ups. a friend has a silverburst and holy shit, does it sound good. He paid less than $500 for it with the case too. pretty nice if you ask me.

Again, i love my sg, but not necessarily for what i play.

Question: how many of you have player guitars and how many actually make sure you don't get a scratch on your guitar. i always wondered.

If I had a brand new/newer instrument instead of these old pieces of junk I would probably try and keep it/them as scratch-free as possible. ;D

Question: how many of you have player guitars and how many actually make sure you don't get a scratch on your guitar. i always wondered.

If I had a brand new/newer instrument instead of these old pieces of junk I would probably try and keep it/them as scratch-free as possible. ;D

i bought mine new, and that thing has been pretty beat up. i take care of it as much as possible. i don't throw it around or anything, but it's scratched to shit. with bucklerash that took exceeds 5"s. Not to mention all the the other nicks and what not. It plays well, just doesn't look pretty. it's my own little "number one"

Hell yeah! I am actually a fan of the "reliced" look for guitars/basses, but not new instruments made to look beat up. Instruments, like records, are meant to be played, and the beat up look is evidence of it imho (more for guitars, as no one really wants beat up vinyl).

Guest errolwest

I have 2 original peavy 5150 heads (from sole time in the 80's)

3 1970's traynor 4x12 collum amp cabs, as well as a B-52 cab.

I have a blue epiphone les Paul, and a 1970's gibson I found in a back ally. I also have a line 6 DL4, a Boss DS1, and a digitech rp50. I will post pics tomorrow

I have an SG standard that's my closet guitar and comes out on occasion, but my strat which is my main guitar in my band gets a lot of love and gets beat to hell.

Gibson Les Paul Faded Double cut.

Vox AC30cc with a fucked up normal channel.

Pedals: WE DONT NEED NO STINKIN PEDALS.

haha.. i wish i could say i don't need a pedal. i have bought at least 20 in the last year or two and it comes down to me just using the same fucking 4 (overdrive/tuner/phase/delay) I do need a reverb and a tremolo though. That's what it comes down too..

Amp:

Fender 1000 roc pro head

[image]

Behringer BG412S 4x12

[image]

I also have an amp made by Acoustic but im not sure about the model or anything i believe its a 4x10. It's being stored at a friends house right now.

Here's what I have for guitars (sorry for the crappy phone pics):

White Squier Strat

[image]

Takamine EAN10C TBS

[image]

Oscar-Schmidt OG260

[image]

I use to have a Fender JG26SCE minijumbo acoustic/electric that was stolen from my apartment this summer.

I also have a bunch of crappy random pedals made by Danelectro, a Boss DS-1 distortion pedal, Fender tuning pedal, and some random delay pedal that i dont remember the name of.

haha.. i wish i could say i don't need a pedal. i have bought at least 20 in the last year or two and it comes down to me just using the same fucking 4 (overdrive/tuner/phase/delay) I do need a reverb and a tremolo though. That's what it comes down too..

I am not a trem fan. And the Reverb on this amp is pretty good. P90s + the top boost channel on my AC30 might be my favourite sound in the world.

I don't go out of my way to make sure my guitars stay in mint condition...but I don't slam them around or beat the shit out of 'em either. My only exception to this is my Epiphone Cassino...and that's just more or less based on the fact that it's a true hollowbody and I don't want to pop a hole in it or crush in part of it. All my solid-body guitars have some wear on 'em. I don't really mind of the body and headstock get nicks, cuts, and bruises, but for some reason beat-up necks really bother me...always seems to distract me when I'm playing.

I'm convinced that AC30s are the most fragile amps in the history or Rock N Roll. The only person I've ever met that has one that still works just as well as the day they got it is Franklin from The Snake The Cross The Crown. Piss on AC30s

• 2 months later...

Drum kit that I use for shows and recording...

Peral Prestige session select from 2000, maple mahogany shells

22x20 kick

12x12 rack tom

16x16 floor tom

14X6 1/2 DW maple snare (Dont really used too much)

14X5 1/2 Ludwig black beauty, brass, hand hammered(main snare)

Powerstroke 3 on kick batter w/flam pad, aqurian front, clear emp's on tom batters, clear ambassadors on the bottoms. Coated ambassador on snare, or sometimes a coated black dot.

14 inch sabian/zildjian mix up for hi-hats

18 inch zildjian medium thin crash

19 inch a custom projection crash

20 inch a custom projection ride

19 inch K hybrid china

peral hardware/stands

Pearl eliminator Hi hat stand

DW 5000 single chain double pedal

[image]

This is about it: a post-WWII trumpet made by Hüttl. Says "Made in Western Germany" on the imprint above the bell.

Otherwise, I'm about to pick up a P-Jazz bass from my friend. I have a Traynor 9x8 cab and a non-working Traynor bass head. Also, a very shitty reissue Beatle Bass that's falling apart. Such poor quality. -_-

Here's two shots of some of my gear from about 2 years ago:

[image]

[image]

I used to have a serious gear buying problem. I used to have about $50k worth of guitar gear at any given time. Then I bought a house and now I'm down to the basics. What I currently own :

AMPS:

Fatboy head

Telegun Fatboy II head

Marshall Super Lead 100 (1969 or 1970)

Vibroworld custom made 4x12

Ampeg SVT (1960s)

Ampeg SVT cab (1960s)

GUITARS:

Gibson Les Paul Custom 1968 Authentic

Gibson Les Paul Special

Fender US Jazz Bass

Taylor 614ce

[image]

^^^^^

hahaha, exactly what i was thinking.

right now i have:

guitar:

esp-viper 400(esp's sg)(i got to admit im a sucker for looks just as equally as sound, i like to look like a slick mutha when i play so its all white, sucker for white guitars also).

1981 fender strat

epiphone-j180

fender-deluxe 4x10

boss-dd20

EBOW

electro-harmonix-tremelo(cant think of what the real name for it is off the top of my head)

korg-stomp tuner

i want a tube screamer and a volume pedal as soon as i get the funds for it.

bass:

1972 fender p-bass

ampeg solid state 350 head and 4x10 cab

boss overdrive

get at me with any pedals for guitar you might want to part with!