a reason of 'why i have to quit collecting record'

howdy folks,

i've got a bad news today.

it's a bad news for vinyl/records collector who lives in thailand like me.

i just know from thailand customs departments about 'how they put record/vinyl/lp in a section of red object'

red object means a stuff which always pay tax without any exception.

i just got a packet of 2 copies genghis tron's board up the house today.

sender 'love pump united' in new york declared it as a 'merch' and 6 usd for both but i suffered imported tax for 22 usd.

it means from today,i must pay 40% for the volume of record/vinyl/lp which the sender declared on cn22 or customs declaration.

if the volume of it lesser than normally such 1 or 2 usd per one record,they automatically calculate it as 600 thai baht or 15 usd per each.

so for one record without shipping,i have to pay 840 thai baht per one record (a price of gas in thailand is 1 usd per litre).

now,i have to think many times for order some new vinyl.

just wanna share what's a thai collector like me facing now....

:'(

p.s. don't give a fuck to my country.thailand is a country of very great king and royal clan and i love my king.

please give a fuck to someone who set this rule.

That's terrible, Yu! I am sorry. For people sending you records, how should they fill out the customs form to minimize your cost?

janelle at deathwish always declare it as 2 usd per each but i just suffer from 35 usd for tax on the packet of 3 lps of life long tragedy on last month.

not over than 25 usd for a packet is a good choice.

i'm not sure i absolutely will survive....

yu. you need to get in touch with illegal record smugglers that operate in and out of your country. they could help. ;)

or perhaps you could set up a post office box in a neighboring country. for example, you could take a holiday in cambodia (zinnng), pick up your records from there and smuggle them back in to thailand yourself.

yu. you need to get in touch with illegal record smugglers that operate in and out of your country. they could help. ;)

or perhaps you could set up a post office box in a neighboring country. for example, you could take a holiday in cambodia (zinnng), pick up your records from there and smuggle them back in to thailand yourself.

thanks for advice,brentoage.

thailand and singapore post are best post in south east asia region.

i have to calculate tax per each in very order.

it's what i will do in next order....

unfortunately, making it a 'Gift' does not make the package exempt from customs attention here as well. i just got hit with some duties shit and checked out the legalities and found that basically, what draws customs attention is high value.

doesnt mean anything for xlovecolouredx though, coz they are charging a set amount of tax regardless of the low value. fuckers.

so sorry dude.

maybe you can visit me in australia and take records back to thailand with you! :-)