Mastodon & Dethklok Tour w/ CONVERGE & High On Fir

please explain yourself.

If you have seen the show you know how intense and awesome the animation style is. Every song has an accompanying music video on a gigantic screen that hasn't been shown anywhere else. There's also a whole storyline for the show to make it seem like it's one huge episode. If you are a fan of the show, you'll love it. I don't really like metal normally, but Dethklok converted me. They are like the Banana Splits with murder.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please explain yourself.

If you have seen the show you know how intense and awesome the animation style is. Every song has an accompanying music video on a gigantic screen that hasn't been shown anywhere else. There's also a whole storyline for the show to make it seem like it's one huge episode. If you are a fan of the show, you'll love it. I don't really like metal normally, but Dethklok converted me. They are like the Banana Splits with murder.

I saw this show maybe 2 or 3 times and I guess I just dont get it. I think I changed the channel each time it was on. Maybe I'm missing something.

I saw this show maybe 2 or 3 times and I guess I just dont get it. I think I changed the channel each time it was on. Maybe I'm missing something.

It's like every other 15 minute show on Adult Swim...you have to pay attention from the beginning of the episode or else it's just obnoxious nonsense that doesn't seem to really make a lot of sense. That being said...the show is top notch...fans of the show...not so much, people that will be at these shows....probably even lower down that ladder.

Guest kissthesharks

It's like every other 15 minute show on Adult Swim...you have to pay attention from the beginning of the episode or else it's just obnoxious nonsense that doesn't seem to really make a lot of sense. That being said...the show is top notch...fans of the show...not so much, people that will be at these shows....probably even lower down that ladder.

Converge and Mastodon fans will be there to even out that ratio.

Guest kissthesharks
Fuck yeah, so there. Only downside is that the venue in Vancouver is all seating.

Looks like someone is going to Seattle.

Edit: Nevermind, that looks like a long haul.

Converge and Mastodon fans will be there to even out that ratio.

Mastodon fans are pretty useless, too.

at the dethklok headling show last year there were two types of people. metal fans, and dudes who just liked the show but not really metal.

i can't even tell you how many many of the latter thought they could mosh. this ended up badly for many of them.

all i can say is i hope dethklok closes the show so i can leave early. i can really care less about that band. sometimes they sound like a really bad generic version of Paradise Lost with some Marty Friedman thrown in. They just sound so trite. Maybe it's just me.

• 1 month later...