banner pilot "collapser"

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A whole lot of 24 Hour Revenge Therapy, and Dear You influence dripping all over my record player after playing Collapaser. From the art lay out-text, lyrics ripped from Jawbreaker songs, off those two records, to the way the lyrics were printed on the lyric sheet etc So many Similarities. I wonder how much of it was planned out, and how much of it was natural expression and coincidence via influence.

Great record. Amazing band, Banner Pilot may not be the most innovative band in the world, but they are sure one of the best in the world at taking their influences and doing justice by them.

i think almost everytime i have seen nate playing a show with bands previous to banner pilot he was almost always wearing a jawbreaker shirt. and he doesnt hide the fact its his favorite band. i think he may have wrote about them in his zine too.

so if he didnt intentionally rip off jawbreaker it has probably seeped into him.

i think almost everytime i have seen nate playing a show with bands previous to banner pilot he was almost always wearing a jawbreaker shirt. and he doesnt hide the fact its his favorite band. i think he may have wrote about them in his zine too.

so if he didnt intentionally rip off jawbreaker it has probably seeped into him.

I guess this is just a given, but Collapser had more Jawbreaker than any other material I had listened to by Banner Pilot before. Even though it was evident in their last record, I also found hints of Face To Face, and and other influences, however Collapser is like Jawbreakers baby brother.

Good times!!

Does anyone need a color copy of this? I won't find myself listining to it much, played it once. Didn't know much about b4 I bought it, anyways someone else would enjoy it more than me. Pm me an offer, or if you have something to trade thats cool to, I'll check out your list. I figured it be better to trade or let someone on VC threads get it than try to Ebay it.

Does anyone need a color copy of this? I won't find myself listining to it much, played it once. Didn't know much about b4 I bought it, anyways someone else would enjoy it more than me. Pm me an offer, or if you have something to trade thats cool to, I'll check out your list. I figured it be better to trade or let someone on VC threads get it than try to Ebay it.