13/14 Premier League Football Discussion

Maybe that's why the ref wouldn't let them kick the corner at the end. Very weird moment

And that RM defense was on point the 2nd half

i actually thought they were really poor in the second half, Verane should have been sent off, they played RvP onside for a chance he shouldn't have missed and gave it away on the edge of the box a number of times. United should really have won.

A lot

Disagree, i think overall we played better but we were never going to beat Bayern. They're currently the most dominant team in any league in the world, they have quality players and incredible organisation. We have some good individuals but only one game plan, we don't and can't play positive football against half-decent teams, we can't play without the ball, we don't track players, occupy space or offer options when we do have the ball. I genuinely can't believe how far we've fallen in the last eight years and i think we've got two years to win something or Wilshere will be off.  

how do you think they should fix things Alex? does the problem lie with the manager, the players or both? do you think Wenger will be out before the start of the next premier league season? or will he save his job if they finish in the top 4 and qualify for the champions league again? there's been talk that the team has given up on Wenger and don't want to play for him anymore. should they throw some guys on the transfer list, bring in some new guys on transfer or loan? both?

how do you think they should fix things Alex? does the problem lie with the manager, the players or both? do you think Wenger will be out before the start of the next premier league season? or will he save his job if they finish in the top 4 and qualify for the champions league again? there's been talk that the team has given up on Wenger and don't want to play for him anymore. should they throw some guys on the transfer list, bring in some new guys on transfer or loan? both?

I don't think Arsenal will ever sack Wenger, but i do think if he's going to leave it'll be this summer or next when his contract is up. The players have been guilty of some shocking performances this season - the first one that comes to mind is Diaby against Blackburn and/or any game Gervinho has played - so you can say it's the players letting the club down. But at the same time, we play one way and one way only, Wenger doesn't seem to arrange a team to neutralise the opposition's strengths, for example tonight, he played Cazorla on the right for 60 mins leaving Ramsey (not experienced enough but had a good game) and Arteta (not a defensive mid) to cope with a really good Bayern midfield and clearly it didn't work. The wider issues with him are probably worse, though. he's not ruthless with our squad, he gives too many chances to players who either aren't good enough to play for us or can't stay fit - Gervinho/Santos, Diaby - and doesn't like buying players who will block a young player's progression. So what you're left with is a team made up of maybe four or five world class players (Cazorla, Wilshere, Walcott, Podolski and Vermaelen at a push) who literally have zero competition for a starting spot from players who are either too young or just fairly average and then a bunch of others who are just... ok, backed up by players who would probably do a similar job if they started instead. Look at Man Utd, competition for their first team is crazy and Ferguson is happy to drop anyone who doesn't perform for someone he knows is champing at the bit to impress, he'll drop the fucking captain if he is having a bad patch without blinking.

I could go on about this all night, i'll continue tomorrow haha. 

I'm not even that upset about being beaten by Bayern, they're probably in the top 3 teams in the world. But they are the team Arsenal could be if we were run properly and as a football club instead of a business. Their tickets are cheap as fuck, their stadium is incredible, they pay huge amounts for players (Guardiola has 90m euros to spend in each year of his contract), pay huge wages and do it completely sustainably. Oh and their fans are great.

If you looked up Italian football in the dictionary tonight's AC Milan performance would be the first example. They played the token Italian style of defend, defend, defend and only attack when chances fall to you.

It would have been hard for any team to score with 10 men behind the ball for most of the game.