13/14 Premier League Football Discussion

Dortmund are the perfect club. They're superb in the way they play and how they treat the fans. It's a proper football experience. 

And on a positive note, Bayern have won 21 of their last 22 games, pretty impressive. But they couldn't beat the Arsenal ;)

They're a great team to watch, but selling Gotze (release clause so not much they can do about it), and possibly letting Lewandowski and Hummels leave is a bit worrying.

They're a great team to watch, but selling Gotze (release clause so not much they can do about it), and possibly letting Lewandowski and Hummels leave is a bit worrying.

It's so rough but they've already said lewandowski will stay with them as long as they can, even if he has to leave in free transfer (tho I'd sell him).

Hope they can bounce back if they have to rebuild and klopp sticks around bc he's a great fit.

If last week someone told me that both Spanish clubs would each get four goals scored on them this round, I'd slap em and call then an idiot.

It's so rough but they've already said lewandowski will stay with them as long as they can, even if he has to leave in free transfer (tho I'd sell him).

Hope they can bounce back if they have to rebuild and klopp sticks around bc he's a great fit.

If last week someone told me that both Spanish clubs would each get four goals scored on them this round, I'd slap em and call then an idiot.

I don't really understand why anyone would want to leave Dortmund at the moment. How many clubs in the world are significantly better than them? Not many. I hope they stay significant for a while. Love how they play.

Oh, and Suarez decided not to appeal the 10 game ban. Wonder if Liverpool will move him this summer. 

Af few things about the Liverpool game: 1) Coutinho is a little terror who with a little time can be a real handful. We've seen that he can provide killer through balls, but what impressed me today was his willingness to get dug in and chippy on defense. He is intelligent, deceptive and there arent enough superlatives for what he's brought to the team since his signing. 2) missed chances. If Perch puts away the open header, things get interesting as Liverpool get nervous when the pressure piles on. Even after the interval when Ben Arfa comes in the tide changes and Liverpool, to there credit, stand strong if not a little lucky. But then comes Coutinho again and after the third goal its all over. Newcastle won't get relegated but they need to sort out the team; they were abysmal. Cabaye was completely marked out by Lucas and Cisse held by the ever dependable Carragher. I do think that Coloccini healthy would have made a world of difference but Sturridge would have gotten him sent off or beat him for pace. Either way, well done Liverpool. Onwards to the Everton derby.

That was embarrassing. Hate to say it but... they're getting worse at coping without Messi. Without jumping to any conclusions i think this is probably the end of Barca's golden era certainly in terms of dominating european competitions, they have so many areas they need to strengthen that i can't see them ever reaching the standard of '10/'11 or even last year. 

Between losing Pep and Tito getting cancer, it's been definently a shaky season. I don't think it's the end yet tho. Only the next two seasons can really decide. Keep in mind the team is built around messi, the rest is all tiki taka. Along with a ton of injuries to the team it was definently right place right time for this blow out. I think things will shift correctly once the coaching situation gets sorted and Neymar gets here.

I'm just going to blame it on most of the teams headline stars just had babies.

And not to take away from Bayern, they did incredible. Just wish I coulda seen a little bit of pizzaro today.

Of course the team is built around Messi, don't get me wrong, i love Barca but they have let themselves depend far too much on the starting XI. Once you take 3 or 4 regular starters out you're left with a team that could lose to any organised, industrious team, couple that with the fact that Cesc, Sanchez and Villa are all starting to look like they might not actually be the players Barca thought they might be (Villa possibly the exception, he's past his peak), i don't even know why they bought Song even. But the defence is so thin on the ground it's insane, Mascherano was a defensive mid when they bought him now he's more or less guaranteed to start in defence when Puyol is out, how can such an amazing team who any player in the world would have killed to play for have that happen? They should have bought Gotze and Lewandowski in before Pep went.

See you later Sir Alex Ferguson 

I feel weird him going. More happy than sad for sure, i don't think there are any managers in the world capable of motivating a team like this year's to win the league like they just have. If Mourinho arrives they'll become a hollywood team like Madrid, which would suck.

I feel weird him going. More happy than sad for sure, i don't think there are any managers in the world capable of motivating a team like this year's to win the league like they just have. If Mourinho arrives they'll become a hollywood team like Madrid, which would suck.

I wonder if Moyes will be able to get united to perform (aka win) as consistently as they did this year. Their team isn't crap, but the midfield is pretty weak to win the league.

Anyone see Watford - Leicester in the Championship playoff semis?

So Leicester got a pen in the 95th minute, if they score, they go through - they're playing away at Watford but away goals don't count, they have to win legitimately on aggregate - but the keeper saves it, and Watford counter in the 97th minute to score at the other end to win the tie and go through to the final. One of the craziest things i've ever, ever seen in football.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs5yxozm_84