13/14 Premier League Football Discussion

i already think it's City's to lose. too much $$ spent on really good players, and had way too shitty of a season last year to repeat it. with how good Spurs are this year (and will only get better as the new player gel) i see them in the top 4 too. if Liverpool can be consistent (fingers crossed), they finally have a possibility to battle Chelsea, United and Arsenal for the other two spots. Arsenal will probably do better than people gave them credit for if they can keep the squad healthy. Ozil might be the key to a really good squad being great. and if Mourinho can pull some consistency out of Chelsea, they'll be top four. not winning it, maybe as high as second. but i have a feeling they're going to bicker and sputter like his last season in Madrid.

and if it was any other team besides United, i'd worry for Moyes if they finish outside the top 4. it'd be unheard of for them sure, but they've stated that they're going to be patient and that no one can replace Furgie. even Furgie himself stated in advance to be very patient with the new coach. i think they'll give him a second year as long as he keeps them top 5-6. the fans will revolt, there'd be pandemonium, but the club will deservedly give him time. i think...

top 6 could be in almost any order. should be an entertaining year to say the least

• 3 weeks later...

First game back at the Emirates after my honeymoon yesterday. Holy fuck, we went to sleep for about 15 mins before and after HT but other than that we were great and unplayable in parts. First goal was ridiculous, from my seat it looked like the assist was a lucky deflection until i saw the replay, wow.

for those of you that didn't see it:

arsenal-yrj6r.gif

Yea, wilshere's goal was absolutely stunning. Best passing play I've seen in a long time, and Ramsey's goal was amazing as well...It's weird, because overall I don't think Arsenal played that well and Norwich was fighting hard and making it difficult, but it was just small moments of brilliance that turned the whole game around. Love being an Arsenal fan atm, I hope they can keep it out throughout the season :) 

Yea, wilshere's goal was absolutely stunning. Best passing play I've seen in a long time, and Ramsey's goal was amazing as well...It's weird, because overall I don't think Arsenal played that well and Norwich was fighting hard and making it difficult, but it was just small moments of brilliance that turned the whole game around. Love being an Arsenal fan atm, I hope they can keep it out throughout the season :)

I agree with us not playing that well, i thought the scoreline flattered us and we really lost our discipline without the ball when Flamini went off. That said, in the periods where we were on top, we were brilliant and it's nice to win a game with four awesome goals and not four scrappy ones which is how we did it last season albeit with a poorer performance. Ramsey is playing incredibly, the crowd were loving him yesterday and i really hope he can keep it up, i can't think of a player i want to win trophies with Arsenal more than him. 

I think we're creeping towards being title contenders, the next month will be the real test with liverpool, utd (chelsea maybe?) and two dortmund games and if we come through that i'll allow myself to get excited. I also think Wenger is going to bring in a 30m+ striker in jan, he dropped a hint about us being "very happy" by may next year and i personally don't think we can win the league without bringing in players in the next window. My money's on Benzema.

I don't think United won't finish in the top four & Arsenal / Liverpool will win the title.

Listened to the Middlesbrough match yesterday. The first half was a complete car crash. We have zero leadership on the pitch & at the back. Fuck noes why and how we always concede. Can't remember the last time we kept a clean sheet

Also, that arsenal goal. wow.

Can't see Liverpool winning the title this year as much as I would love it.

We rely too heavily on our key players because of the lack of depth. Any injury to Suarez/Sturridge/Coutinho/Stevie/Lucas will hamper our chances considerably.

Arsenal, City or Chelsea will win it imo, but I reckon we'll make the top 3.