Sending money as a gift via Paypal

• 2 years later...
Guest deathbydrums

Anyone know if "gifting" is allowed from Germany through paypal? I'm pretty sure Germany would be allowed to send money as a gift but a buyer tells me it's not possible. Thinking it's a miscommunication thing. Would love to hear from some Germans about this! Thanks men.

i just ask for gift payments to avoid the fees, not to screw the sender. some of us just like to keep the selling cost as cheap as possible for the buyers.

how big of an amount does it take to get to the point where they still charge fees on a gift payment? my friend might paypal me the RSD amount he owes me via gift...now i'm kinda worried.

Guest deathbydrums
Anyone know if "gifting" is allowed from Germany through paypal? I'm pretty sure Germany would be allowed to send money as a gift but a buyer tells me it's not possible. Thinking it's a miscommunication thing. Would love to hear from some Germans about this! Thanks men.

I sell my older unloved records through discogs BUT don't want to ship anywhere other than Canada/USA, so my shipping details say it. Sometimes people reeeally want a record though. So if someone overseas wants it badly, I tell them that I will send it to them but they must send payment as a gift, which means I am not responsible for loss/damage. Lately a lot of things have gone "missing" when shipping to Europe and it really hurts to lose the record and $35 for shipping via air.

So back to my original question (probably stupid) which revived this thread... can Germans send money as a gift through paypal?