Cats & Dogs

...and really any other type of pet, just wanted to use my favorite Gorilla Biscuits song title.

Me, I have a 4 year old terrier mutt. He's mostly jack russell, but I'm not really sure. I got him at the northeast animal shelter in Salem, MA. He came from the Save a Sato program which brought him here from Puerto Rico. His name is Apollo, and he's insane/awesome.

[image]

[image]

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my boxer Maggie. My friend found her a couple months ago (almost ran her over). She didn't have a collar so he took her home. After a couple days he realized he couldn't keep her so I took her with me (she was just so playful, friendly, and fun). I took her to the vet to have her checked for one of those ID chips, but there wasn't one. I also left her info at the vet, animal shelter, and put up signs near where she was found. Nobody ever called to claim her. I think someone had abandoned her, but now she has a great home with lots of yard space to play in and two other dogs to play with.

[image]

This is my sort of dog. His name is Rocco and hes a chocolate lab. Hes really my uncles dog but i have to go over there and feed/walk him everyday. I used to only go there for lunch on my breaks from school since he needed to be fed and i needed somewhere to eat lunch but then i couldnt just abandon him when school ended hed be depressed lol

[image]

[image]

he likes the hose

I want a dog so so so so so badly, but I feel like I'm too busy with my career to show the dog the attention it needs. Does anyone have any recommendations for breeds that do well on their own for 8-10 hours out of the day and that don't need a huge back yard (I have a decent-sized one, but nothing enormous)?

Nothing smaller than a bread box, please.

I want a dog so so so so so badly, but I feel like I'm too busy with my career to show the dog the attention it needs. Does anyone have any recommendations for breeds that do well on their own for 8-10 hours out of the day and that don't need a huge back yard (I have a decent-sized one, but nothing enormous)?

you probably shouldn't leave a dog home alone that long no matter what breed. I also 100% suggest checking out your local shelters before going to a breeder. Rescuing/adopting a dog is a great thing to do. You might want to look into greyhounds, they are great dogs, don't need a lot of space, and just sleep a lot.

you probably shouldn't leave a dog home alone that long no matter what breed. I also 100% suggest checking out your local shelters before going to a breeder. Rescuing/adopting a dog is a great thing to do. You might want to look into greyhounds, they are great dogs, don't need a lot of space, and just sleep a lot.

Well I work from 10 to 6 M-F (and it's usually more like 10-7, or 10-8/9/10/11/12/till the sun comes up when we're in deep production and on close deadlines), plus I go to a lot of shows after work, so sometimes I get home really late. I could definitely go home on my lunch break every day to feed the dog/take him out/etc., but I just don't know how much else time I'd have.

I want to be a good father but I don't know if I can devote the time. :(

damn. a bunch of us have boxers. I have a 2 year old brindle boxer named Baxter. Yoohoo Baxter, Papa's home!

Boxers are great dogs, we had to put my aunt's to sleep last year because she had tumors in her leg muscles and could barely move (she was quite old), it was really sad, but she was such a sweet dog while we had her! It's cool to see people here going with the ears down too, they look much better that way.

I want to get a cat but it's extra $ for rent and my family back home is currenty swimming in 'em (3 adults plus two kittens), so I think I'm probably gonna inherit one of those. I try to get some pics of our badass cat when I'm back home.

Well I work from 10 to 6 M-F (and it's usually more like 10-7, or 10-8/9/10/11/12/till the sun comes up when we're in deep production and on close deadlines), plus I go to a lot of shows after work, so sometimes I get home really late. I could definitely go home on my lunch break every day to feed the dog/take him out/etc., but I just don't know how much else time I'd have.

I want to be a good father but I don't know if I can devote the time. :(

You should get a cat.

This is my old cat Tybalt. She was the best cat ever but pee'ed on my girlfriend and I's bed three times in a single month and we had to give her away. I cried for hours when I had to get rid of her but this is regardless of how much I miss her the cutest photo ever. Her in a PBR fort.

[image]