(band) tattoos

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am only 16 but the day i turn 18 i am going to get a blink tattoo. i know that might sound kinda lame. but that band means alot to me. i also have some other cool tattoo ideas. i have also considered getting a glassjaw tattoo. i want to make my band tattoo's different from all the other people that have that same bands tattoo. i almost want to make it to where no one could tell its a blink tattoo unless it was me.

the other tattoo's i have are some religious tattoo's and a tattoo of a local record label that i have been apart of for quit some time.

ps...i'm between people right now.

dan and dave used to tattoo me at the magic needle in litchfield

then i was going to henry at mom's and then everlasting in san fran

the two above you were done by virginia at fat ram's but she moved to idaho, got on miami ink, and is now opening a shop in nyc but is out of my price range.

i got some stuff by brad over at good faith...pretty nice piece actually!

Good Faith II in Brookline or Good Faith in Clinton? I got 95% of my work done by Jason Loui at Good Faith II (formally of Redemption in Cambridge). I wish I had money to burn like the old days. Nice work.

awesome, i was hoping the cover of ooze would be in there somewhere.

it is! haha. on my left are right below the blind swords men bot of those are from ooze. the cover is the boy sleeping in the door way, the back is the blind swords men and the inside of theres no place like home

haha yeah i meant i was hoping there was and i saw em. i guess i shoulda worded that better. i always thought the cover of duct tape soup would be pretty cool as a tattoo if done right.

i like the six month waiting period, it works out well.

but I have an Alk3 tattoo and an ETID tattoo. Why? Well, mostly because they both represent long periods of my life (4 years or more) where I was either obsessed with the band or they were my soundtrack for the memories from that period. I'm OK with it.

I think this should be the main reason for getting a band related tattoo. I think the whole "band has gone downhill/put out a bad album" side is kind of irrelevant. I mean, I understand people's thoughts behind it, but to me, if a band means a lot to you/has meant a lot to you, especially for a certain number of years, it shouldn't really matter. Strung Out (using them as an example for me) released not one but two records I wasn't terribly crazy about, but that hasn't changed the impact they've had on me over the years. Any band-related tattoo I get has to absolutely mean something to me.

the Gaslight idea I have is a boombox with the lyrics "I carry these songs like a comfort" (okay slightly modified lyric) around it. My reason? Because not only does that line reflect my feelings about music as a whole, but it's also from the song the band gave me for the comp I released for my radio show. I.e., my first recorded contribution to the music scene that I've loved for so long. It means something to me on two different levels. but again, I'm waiting it out to see if I still actually want to go through with it, because even with bands that mean a lot to me, I have ideas that come and go for tattoos.

I got bored.

[image]

Guest genericinsight

I think this should be the main reason for getting a band related tattoo. I think the whole "band has gone downhill/put out a bad album" side is kind of irrelevant. I mean, I understand people's thoughts behind it, but to me, if a band means a lot to you/has meant a lot to you, especially for a certain number of years, it shouldn't really matter. Strung Out (using them as an example for me) released not one but two records I wasn't terribly crazy about, but that hasn't changed the impact they've had on me over the years. Any band-related tattoo I get has to absolutely mean something to me.

the Gaslight idea I have is a boombox with the lyrics "I carry these songs like a comfort" (okay slightly modified lyric) around it. My reason? Because not only does that line reflect my feelings about music as a whole, but it's also from the song the band gave me for the comp I released for my radio show. I.e., my first recorded contribution to the music scene that I've loved for so long. It means something to me on two different levels. but again, I'm waiting it out to see if I still actually want to go through with it, because even with bands that mean a lot to me, I have ideas that come and go for tattoos.

I got bored.

[image]

HOLY SMOKES THAT LOOKS AMAZING. would it be cool if I kept that as a reference point if/when I decide on getting this?

Guest genericinsight

Well even though I think it's awesome when an artist draws something up for themselves, I always like to have something as a reference when I pitch the idea for them. that looks awesome even if you were just playing around.

Guest falloutcollapse

The day I turn 18, I'm getting a Thursday related tattoo. I don't know if I necessarily want the dove right away, but at some point, I will get it. I'm narrowing down all my favorite lyrics though, and trying to see what I'm going to get. I think this might be lame, but I know that Geoff has "Love is love" on his arm. He took these lyrics from another band (Jawbreaker?) and put them at the end part of "A Hole in the World." That always really stuck out to me, so that might be the one. And it'd just be a selling point that even someone in the band has it :)

on a seperate note. i have a hammer with "HOPE" in the head of it. from the recurring theme and usage of it in godspeed you! black emperor artwork. and i have a coffee pot (not related) with a banner that has Piebald lyrics "long nights hard times" in it. piebald is my all time favorite band. and i sort of did the gsybe one when i was younger and didnt think it through much. but i still like it and love the band. im alright with it.

on a seperate note. i have a hammer with "HOPE" in the head of it. from the recurring theme and usage of it in godspeed you! black emperor artwork. and i have a coffee pot (not related) with a banner that has Piebald lyrics "long nights hard times" in it. piebald is my all time favorite band. and i sort of did the gsybe one when i was younger and didnt think it through much. but i still like it and love the band. im alright with it.

every thing that makes you feel tired...

awesome song dude! i'd like to see a pic of that. piebald was one fun band.

this kinda bums me out, because i dont really feel like i have a strong enough connection with a band or lyric to get it tattooed on me. :P

I'm in the same boat. I don't have a single favorite band (there are many), and generally I don't care about a band's lyrics, just the music.

i'm considering a lawrence arms one, which i'm really not 100% on, but if was going to do it, this is what i'd get. (but in all black ink, of course)

[image]