(band) tattoos

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and moreover, why would i care if other people have it? a lot of people have ramones tattoos, does that mean benchwarmer shouldn't get one?

No matter how popular they are 95% of the people who would see it would have no idea what it is or what it relates to. if the ones that do want to think i'm a trend follower and not someone that's been listening to the band for nearly ten years and has some extremely fond memories of the music, the live shows, and the comraderie i've shared with other fans can go fuck themselves. if it wasn't for the alkaline trio, i might not have been in the relationship i've been in for nearly seven years. for that reason alone i'm incredibly grateful to them, never mind the fact that i love pretty much everything they've ever done.

i feel sorry for people who constantly worry about what other people will think of the decisions they make. that must not leave a lot of time for living your life.

sorry if that comes off as harsh.

and moreover, why would i care if other people have it? a lot of people have ramones tattoos, does that mean benchwarmer shouldn't get one?

No matter how popular they are 95% of the people who would see it would have no idea what it is or what it relates to. if the ones that do want to think i'm a trend follower and not someone that's been listening to the band for nearly ten years and has some extremely fond memories of the music, the live shows, and the comraderie i've shared with other fans can go fuck themselves. if it wasn't for the alkaline trio, i might not have been in the relationship i've been in for nearly seven years. for that reason alone i'm incredibly grateful to them, never mind the fact that i love pretty much everything they've ever done.

i feel sorry for people who constantly worry about what other people will think of the decisions they make. that must not leave a lot of time for living your life.

sorry if that comes off as harsh.

Well said!

Exalted.

Guest falloutcollapse

i want one on my collarbone or around that area

i also think it would be pretty cool to have the hot air balloon head girl from the new circa survive cover art tattooed

no offense, but anyone that is a tattoo artist probably won't give you a white tattoo. white ink is mostly for highlights over other colors, or to mix with other inks to make them lighter. just a heads up!

As the person who hangs out in a tattoo shop the most (my lady is training to become an artist), this is false. a good tattoo artist will give you exactly what you ask for. I've seen some killer work that was just white ink, including an all white sleeve. white ink doesn't give you cancer. though there are some people who think the ink that shows up under a black light will. thats pretty much false too.

as for it turning yellow, and tattoo not properly cared for will change color if it gets infected or fucked up somehow. take care of your tattoos and they'll look amazing for a long time.

a good tattoo artist will give you exactly what you ask for. I've seen some killer work that was just white ink, including an all white sleeve. white ink doesn't give you cancer. though there are some people who think the ink that shows up under a black light will. thats pretty much false too.

as for it turning yellow, and tattoo not properly cared for will change color if it gets infected or fucked up somehow. take care of your tattoos and they'll look amazing for a long time.

A good artist should give you what you ask for, but they should also talk you out of getting something that isn't going to work. I have had extensive tattoo work done, and I am by no means an artist, but an all white sleeve? How is this possible? If you have pics please post them. On a side note proper care is essential, good healing and sun protection are key to the long life of your tattoo.

a good tattoo artist will give you exactly what you ask for. I've seen some killer work that was just white ink, including an all white sleeve. white ink doesn't give you cancer. though there are some people who think the ink that shows up under a black light will. thats pretty much false too.

A good artist should give you what you ask for, but they should also talk you out of getting something that isn't going to work. I have had extensive tattoo work done, and I am by no means an artist, but an all white sleeve? How is this possible? If you have pics please post them. On a side note proper care is essential, good healing and sun protection are key to the long life of your tattoo.

I just read my post, and goddamn I sound like a public service announcement. I'm a douche.

I just read my post, and goddamn I sound like a public service announcement. I'm a douche.

haha it's all good. but I agree, I've heard a few very professional and highly successful artists say that an all white tattoo is not a good idea.

haha it's all good. but I agree, I've heard a few very professional and highly successful artists say that an all white tattoo is not a good idea.

Its all a matter of what you're getting. White fades more than anything else, but all tattoos fade and if you're into what you get you'll get it redone.

I sadly don't have pics. It was a full skeletal arm and looked bad ass.

Most artists dont like doing white tattoos because they dont show unless you're looking for them and peoples tattoos are how they advertise.

Also no ones being a douche. We're all entitled to how we feel. :)

• 5 months later...
Guest genericinsight

I have 3 Strung Out tattoos. They've been my favorite band for getting close to 12 years.

two are direct logos:

[image]

I also have the astrolux on my upper right shoulder/arm area but I can't seem to locate the photo of it. It was my first tattoo and it's not the best quality because my artist was just starting out when he did it, but it's fine to me.

I also have an ongoing lower back piece I've been working on that's based around the theme/idea/lyrics of the song Wrong Side of the Tracks (a song that means a lot to me).

I also have Down To Nothing lyrics on the backs of my arms, but no good quality pics of those. Another band that, say what you will, means a lot to me and has over the years.

I'm *thinking* about getting a Gaslight Anthem themed tattoo. NOT a logo (do they even have one?), but lyrics. I'm well aware and again, say what you will, this has nothing to do with "what if they put out a crappy album". I have my own personal reason for wanting to get one but my personal rule with tattoos is have an at least six month wait period and see if you still want it after that. I'm going on three months with this idea but not getting it done for certain for a while, to see if I actually want it or will get it done.