Converge "Axe to Fall" pre-orders

Haha I love that the people making fun of me or calling me whiney or bitchy are the ones that ordered multiple copies from the DW pre-order and happened to get all variants. Or they pre-ordered and got the variant they wanted. I'm just complaining that what's normally convenient and easy to understand in our wonderful world of vinyl collecting has been very inconvenient and confusing with this release. You realize that you crying out at me for being "bitchy" is just as silly as you probably conceive me to be?

i dont get it. the DW estore said 3 variations were available. how did you know to order 5? or did you just order more for the hell of it?

There were only 3 pre order colors.

The clear with shards was an afterthought and a bonus, and the blues are colors that are available from stores.

But, if we pre-ordered its possible we might get one of the blues right?

Haha I love that the people making fun of me or calling me whiney or bitchy are the ones that ordered multiple copies from the DW pre-order and happened to get all variants. Or they pre-ordered and got the variant they wanted. I'm just complaining that what's normally convenient and easy to understand in our wonderful world of vinyl collecting has been very inconvenient and confusing with this release. You realize that you crying out at me for being "bitchy" is just as silly as you probably conceive me to be?

Maybe if you weren't whining in the first place (or whining about being called whiney), no one would have an issue.

DW has never had pre-orders for specific colors or released the pressing info for anything prior to its release date. Something tells me they won't change their policy for you. We should all be glad that they expend the time and energy that they do with each release. They could just press everything on flimsy, black vinyl and throw it between some cardboard and use a Sharpie to write on it what you're listening to. This goes for any label. They don't owe any of us anything. Its our choice to give them any of our time and money.

Since when did record collectors become so entitled?

I'm done ranting.

Haha I'm done complaining about this too. I understand that if I don't like the situation, I don't have to buy the record. Which unfortunately for Converge and DW, I probably won't until I can find somewhere to pick it up where it won't be a guessing game. Sorry if I upset anyone :)

And a big thank you to Scotty M. and destroythescene (Twitter?), who have offered to sell me any extras they get from the pre-order. it's cool to be a part of such an awesome community as VC is.

They could just press everything on flimsy, black vinyl and throw it between some cardboard and use a Sharpie to write on it what you're listening to.
The sad thing is, if they did this, people would pay big bucks for such an "awesome custom handmade art piece."

They could just press everything on flimsy, black vinyl and throw it between some cardboard and use a Sharpie to write on it what you're listening to.
The sad thing is, if they did this, people would pay big bucks for such an "awesome custom handmade art piece."

Haha. True. That's why the human race sucks, for the most part.

Guest kissthesharks

I swear you sold me a converge album elnacho, I just can't remember which one. I do remember the shirts. Oh yeah, I meant to ask if you had no heroes on the maroon/pink swirl. I needs it!

I mean brown/red..whatever it is.

I did not get all the colors, and the one I did get is not the color I would have preferred.

I still think you are being whiney and bitchy.

jeez what have i walked into? isn't part of the fun of record collecting opening up that new vinyl and being happily surprised with the color of the vinyl? anygay... when are the pre-orders supposed to be shipping? since i just wandered into the crossfire..

Pre-orders are shipping now...if you ordered the day they went up, you should have your copy, or copies, soon.

Kinda hijakcing the thread...

Just came back from seeing them tonight. They were awesome as expected.

I have to honestly say that I had a great time. The setlist was awesome...albeit short, but understandable due to the circumstances of the tour. The songs off ATF sound great live. Even though the venue was an amphitheater, the band's energy was mind-blowing and intense as if it had been a basement show.

There were a few perplexed people with arms folded and sitting down...but what do they know? Their tiny brains could not yet fathom and embrace Converge's awesomeness.

Very happy to have heard "Concubine" ,"Eagles Become Vultures", and "Last Light"...a few of my favorites.

No need to get into it about the merch...or lack thereof...Pompano Beach Amphitheater is notorious for always giving the shaft to supporting bands. But I did really dig the shirts and hoodie available. Hopefully a few will make their way to the "left-over tour merch" in the DW e-store.

Here are a few crappy iPhone pics:

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

There were only 3 pre order colors.

The clear with shards was an afterthought and a bonus, and the blues are colors that are available from stores.

that makes sense. and ya know what, i was lucky enough to get one of those clear ones so on that front -- ive no room to complain. i was just curious.

if i were to order another copy now, what would i get? the opaque blue? id like to track one of those down as well.

Solid blue probably.

Fuck... opaque is solid.

I hate that fucking word.

If Rev has any left, they have clear blue...

Hey, great pictures (and 5 variant haul), Juan. Sorry about your poster tube. I saw Converge on that tour last week. The new songs were great, the whole set list was pretty solid. One of the highlights of the evening was seeing some guy on the VIP balcony sporting a "Jesuit" t-shirt, standing right above Nate. High energy from the band and like a dozen or so people in the audience. One of my complaints was being 3-4 people from the front barrier, and being almost surrounded by metal nerds who were not into Converge, but who ran to the front for Mastodon and cartoon band.