Anyone have any Movie Recommendations?

mrc

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Zodiac" came from Netflix last night; I plan on watching it this weekend. I watched "Jericho's Echo: Punk Rock In The Holy Land" documentary last night and it was SO BORING.

Damn, Jericho's Echo: Punk Rock In The Holy Land sucked? bummer i wanted to see that. im kinda shocked netflix had it.

I recently re-watched Blade Runner...since the 25th anniversary 'Final Cut' version is coming out I wanted a refresher on it. Such a great film. IMO.

Man, i will have to grab that... i havent seen bladerunner in forever. I used to think it was great when i was little. hope it holds up.

Check this out:

http://www.amazon.com/Blade-Runner-Five-Disc-Ultimate-Collectors/dp/B000K15VSA/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/105-9029122-4862844?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1192739747&sr=8-1

"Zodiac" came from Netflix last night; I plan on watching it this weekend. I watched "Jericho's Echo: Punk Rock In The Holy Land" documentary last night and it was SO BORING.

Damn, Jericho's Echo: Punk Rock In The Holy Land sucked? bummer i wanted to see that. im kinda shocked netflix had it.

I left it not really knowing what the point was. Like, they interview a lot of kids who have differing opinions on certain issues regarding Israeli life so there's no clear-cut message, there's a lot of footage that is just plain boring/pointless, etc. If you're a big Useless ID fan, check it out, I guess.

Zodiac was good. I will agree it was a little long. Being that I wasn't familiar with it I was a bit freaked out when I discovered the case had never been solved.

the zodiac killings started in my town (vallejo, ca). they show it in the beginning. during the phone call he mentions "columbus parkway," i think. yeah, i walk like 5 minutes from my house and i'm there. the park/long road (Lake Herman Rd) where he killed those two kids (as shown in the beginning of the movie) is right there. another ten minutes of walking, probably, and i'm at the beginning of Lake Herman. i don't know how far down the road were the killings, but kids go driving around there at night, looking to get scared. there are some horror stories about that road, but i went driving with my friends there this past summer. it was just dark. i can see how it could be creepy, though.

wow this was a long post.

OLDBOY

An average man is kidnapped and imprisoned in a shabby cell for 15 years without explanation. He then is released, equipped with money, a cellphone and expensive clothes. As he strives to explain his imprisonment and get his revenge, he soon finds out that not only his kidnapper has still plans for him, but that those plans will serve as the even worse finale to 15 years of imprisonment.

OLDBOY

An average man is kidnapped and imprisoned in a shabby cell for 15 years without explanation. He then is released, equipped with money, a cellphone and expensive clothes. As he strives to explain his imprisonment and get his revenge, he soon finds out that not only his kidnapper has still plans for him, but that those plans will serve as the even worse finale to 15 years of imprisonment.

what was the new one that came out recently... i think there is a part 2 or something to that movie. i cant really think of it right now.

Revenge is always sweet

I left it not really knowing what the point was. Like, they interview a lot of kids who have differing opinions on certain issues regarding Israeli life so there's no clear-cut message, there's a lot of footage that is just plain boring/pointless, etc. If you're a big Useless ID fan, check it out, I guess.

Yeah i guess ill pass on that, i was a useless id fan but their last couple albums were awful.

OLDBOY

what was the new one that came out recently... i think there is a part 2 or something to that movie. i cant really think of it right now.

Revenge is always sweet

Kind of.

the director made three films but the only real thing they have in common is the theme of revenge. Mr. Vengeance, Oldboy and Sympathy for Lady Vengeance. None of the characters or storylines overlap or anything, so you can watch them independantly. I'd strongly reccomend the last two.

Guest falloutcollapse
Love Me If You Dare is a great French movie.

Across The Universe is still one of the best movies I've seen in a while.

i heard they butchered the beatles songs

I don't think they were butchered, they just added a new style to them.

OLDBOY

holy christ this movie was insane!!! i watched it and just felt wrong and sad and just awestruck...but a damn good movie

OLDBOY

holy christ this movie was insane!!! i watched it and just felt wrong and sad and just awestruck...but a damn good movie

This movie is amazing. The one cut slow dollying fight scene is fucking incredible. If you like fucked up asian movies a la Ichi the Killer or the like, check out "Imprint". Fucked. It was made for the Masters of Horror series that aired on Showtime, but it was banned from airing and then released direct to dvd. Speaking of fucked up asian movies, has anyone seen "Visitor Q"? Most fucked up thing I've ever seen as far as movies go.

• 4 weeks later...