Anyone have any Movie Recommendations?

mrc

i recommend:

Kicking And Screaming (the criterion edition, NOT the will ferrell movie)

You Kill Me

Broken English

The Science Of Sleep

i haven't seen the criterion kicking and screaming, but I love the squid and the whale. It's directed by the same person if im not mistaken.

also, Science of Sleep is awesome, it's directed by the guy that did eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.

edit: apparently i don't know how to just quote part of a person's post

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Battle Royale. It's a Japanese movie, but I think you can still rent it on Netflix, however the Japanese company won't license any US companies to put it out here due to it's graphic nature (high school aged kids).

Park Chan-wook's vengeance trilogy is fantastic: sympathy for mr vengeance, oldboy, sympathy for lady vengeance.

The Prestige

Definitely. I just saw this the other night, and it was as awesome as my friend's description: "Imagine Batman versus Wolverine -- with magic."

Haha, that was my quote. Told ya it was good brah.

Also, Battle Royale rules for the dude that mentioned it above. However, the second one blooooooowzzzz

I completely loved "Eternal Sunshine...". It was a fantastic movie. I'll give Science of Sleep a shot then.

I haven't seen The Fountain yet. My brother saw it and he said he didn't get it and was weird. I trust his taste in movies as it's almost same as mine...but he has never enjoyed the artsy style films...which he calls "Sundance type films"...it's his way of generalizing the movies as such.

Battle Royale. It's a Japanese movie, but I think you can still rent it on Netflix, however the Japanese company won't license any US companies to put it out here due to it's graphic nature (high school aged kids).

This movie is fucking insane. i will give it to them for the crazy weapons and ideas in this movie. everyone should see this

This movie is fucking insane. i will give it to them for the crazy weapons and ideas in this movie. everyone should see this

I thought the basic idea of the movie was awesome, but I thought the movie itself sucked.

Park Chan-wook's vengeance trilogy is fantastic: sympathy for mr vengeance, oldboy, sympathy for lady vengeance.

+1 for great ultra-violent Asian cinema

Old Boy IS fantastic.

To go along with ultra-violent Asian cinema, has anyone seen Imprint?

On the not so violent side, has anyone seen Visitor Q, the most fucked up symbolic piece of film ever? Holy shit.

I haven't seen either, but I'm about to add them to my Netflix queue.

Your mind will be blown.

+1 for great ultra-violent Asian cinema

Hell yeah, I love all Asian cinema.

Koroshiya (Ichi The Killer) is another Japanese movie I suggest.