Invest in Vinyl Collective/Suburban Home's Future

Guest admin1338560633

Guest swastikas

I have no problem with those of the Jewish Origin, Unless they are trying to sell stock shares with punk rock ideals. In that case they should be thrown into an oven .

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with those of the Jewish Origin, Unless they are trying to sell stock shares with punk rock ideals. In that case they should be thrown into an oven .

Maybe your user name is a little misleading?

Nope, I'd say its perfect. Specifically because if I met this cowardly person I'd be prone to violence.

the nazis made the symbol/word taboo, but by no means ALWAYS a bad thing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

Hey Toby, are you going to be at the Teenage Bottlerocket/Cobra Skulls/Banner Pilot show in Boston (Cambridge, actually)? We can compare mohawks and see who has more punk points.

I will NOT be on those dates actually. (And nor will my distro as a result, d'oh!) I am leaving the tour for a week because I need to be back in Chicago for Red Oktoberfest. Bummed about missing Boston, Philly, and Toronto, those are great towns.

you gonna make it out to the west coast, you know you're trying to visit seattle, don't even deny it.

the nazis made the symbol/word taboo, but by no means ALWAYS a bad thing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

Nope, doesn't matter a damn. Sorry, the meaning has been appropriated. I don't think there can be an argument to the contrary but this thread is way the fuck out in the left field and now needs to die.

Take out that last part. If you haven't seen a distro you are definitely not a punk, case closed. Distro = punk. Punk = distro. Distros are the new bondage pants, and if you ain't got one, forget about it, kids.

I'm gonna start bringing a distro to shows just to spite you on this.

up teh ponx

Like I said, when I go out on tour I bring Red Scare shit to sell. Teh ponx have already been upped, Justin!

I will NOT be on those dates actually. (And nor will my distro as a result, d'oh!) I am leaving the tour for a week because I need to be back in Chicago for Red Oktoberfest. Bummed about missing Boston, Philly, and Toronto, those are great towns.

you gonna make it out to the west coast, you know you're trying to visit seattle, don't even deny it.

Yessir indeed. It'll be good to be home. I wish TLA was going up there with us, but it wasn't in the cards. Seeya then...WITH MY DISTRO!

redscare must be the phaseone of VC.

also. +1 points for the south park "beating a dead horse" image.

I agree with you and Dante, people prattling on about who is punk and who isn't because of what they see at shows IS beating a dead horse. You would think in 2009 people wouldn't be preaching about that corny shit.

What/who is phaseone?

phaseone = vlv "legend" of sort. known for his epic self clowning. calls everyone junior/kid/young one, without knowing their age (even though many times they were older than him). and instead of having a rational response to a statement, would make sweeping generalizations and out of the blue comments that were supposed to be "insulting" (he used "screamo sheep", whereas you use mohawk punks), and then continued to harp on his hilarious "insults" by referring to it in every successive post in the thread. by responding things like "oh im sorry im not one of the screamo sheep". (or in your case, "oh maybe my mohawk isnt big enough" "maybe we can get together and compare mohawks", etc)

phaseone = vlv "legend" of sort. known for his epic self clowning. calls everyone junior/kid/young one, without knowing their age (even though many times they were older than him). and instead of having a rational response to a statement, would make sweeping generalizations and out of the blue comments that were supposed to be "insulting" (he used "screamo sheep", whereas you use mohawk punks), and then continued to harp on his hilarious "insults" by referring to it in every successive post in the thread. by responding things like "oh im sorry im not one of the screamo sheep". (or in your case, "oh maybe my mohawk isnt big enough" "maybe we can get together and compare mohawks", etc)

I guess I just don't understand why people get so righteous and angry over little things in the scene. Just because a band doesn't wanna sell other band's merch along with theirs doesn't make them Tony Brummel. Oh well, as I've been told multiple times in this thread, I guess I am just not punk enough to understand.

I guess I just don't understand why people get so righteous and angry over little things in the scene. Just because a band doesn't wanna sell other band's merch along with theirs doesn't make them Tony Brummel. Oh well, as I've been told multiple times in this thread, I guess I am just not punk enough to understand.

i never told you what to do. or any band what to do. There are tons of bands that wont sell other bands merch. and do all kinds of stuff i dont agree with. thats their choice. its their tour. But its also my choice to say they suck, and i wouldnt support them. Whether or not its "punk" i personally think its a douche move to make. i dont care what "punk" is. i do care about supporting your friends and supporting a scene, and not simply being out for yourself. it has nothing to do with mohawks and bondage pants (im not sure where that even came from).

laughing about it with your chums (look at this puny "junior" trying to insult me and tell me what punk is), is just weak and fratboy-esque, because i wasnt insulting you, nor telling you what punk is. Just stating that i think attitudes like that suck, and i dont think that helps support any sort of independent "community" or whatever.