WHATEVER Wednesday Update

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

WHATEVER ($5.00 MYSTERY ITEM(S)), Feeling Adventurous? Want a Surprise?

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/sh1whatever

The Whatever sales have been one of the biggest surprises at Vinyl Collective. We have sold 600 so far and it doesn't seem to be slowing down. I just wanted to give you an update on stuff we are putting in Whatever's this week for a handful of lucky folks:

* A Vinyl Cooperative Unit of Participation - someone sold one back to us and we couldn't think of a better way to get rid of one so we will be mailing one to one lucky individual. If you get it, please make sure you drop us a line.

* Test Pressings - We have recently approved test pressings for Portugal the Man it's complicated being a wizard, the 3 newest Under the Influence 7"s (Joey/Mike, O Pioneers/New Bruises, Kevin/Kepi), Gregory Alan Isakov, Tim Barry/Frank Turner split, Chad Price LP, and more. We will be sending one of each test pressing to a handful of lucky Whatever purchasers.

* 3 packages of Beef Jerkey - went to the corner store and bought some beef jerkey. Hopefully a vegan doesn't end up with it, but if they do, hopefully they are not too offended. Sorry in advance.

* More Records, CDs, T-shirts, Coozies, Stickers, Posters, and more.

Good luck!

Nah. I honestly don't even want one at this point. I don't have the money to spend on it right now, I'm not a fan of any of the records that have come out and only care for 2 or 3 on the new list, and I find it hard to believe that the coop will run smoother while Virgil is try to take his main focus to the next level.

i purchased one of the new craft beer shirts and ordered a whatever item. can't wait to see what it is. jerkey is a good gift but it's no test press that's for sure.

as for the participation...shit that sounds awesome. no matter WHAT way that was handled (given away free/rebuy option/list of waiting people/etc.) someone is bound to get upset.

I can think of a better way to get rid of the unit of participation. Selling it to one of the people who really wanted one but could not get one because the site was not set up to handle the traffic.

ryan, I think everyone can think of a better way to get rid of a unit of participation, but with just 1 unit, how do I choose the many people who missed out? This leaves it up to chance and makes it exciting.

I can think of a better way to get rid of the unit of participation. Selling it to one of the people who really wanted one but could not get one because the site was not set up to handle the traffic.

ryan, I think everyone can think of a better way to get rid of a unit of participation, but with just 1 unit, how do I choose the many people who missed out? This leaves it up to chance and makes it exciting.

Plus, we all know it's already on its way to ronniethebear.

Wait wait, isn't someone supposed to buy the unit and contribute $60 towards the general fund? Or did VC buy it? I thought there was a waiting list.

we paid for it but no money came out of the coop. I just figured that it would be too hard to pick one of the coop wait list folks without rocking the boat, but then again no matter what I do, someone will be pissed.

So you're giving someone $55 out of your(VC's) pocket in order to be nice? Holy shit. That is nice. Well I guess it entices people to buy the whatever box. Still . . . very neighborly.

Well, I think that it is important to put things in the Whatever sales that blow people away, can't do it for every order, but we want to make it interesting and fun.