VC suggestion

jesse

How about a wedding/gift registry? We're doing our registry now and there is only so much crap you can request from Crate and Barrel.

that is a good idea, but it would be tough to program.

I just told my girl this, and she said:

"Hell yes, you can do that. I already have everything we need! Get yourself some records!"

Nice. I support this post.

geez, you have a good lady. anyone know how I can implement a wedding registry?

Who registers for vinyl/personal stuff for a wedding?

Yeah this is a great point. But we already own a home and have lived together for 6 years, so our house is stocked to the point of overflowing, and I think that most people just appreciate not having to pick out a gift themselves. So as selfish as it seems the bigger the registry the better. But still I don't know how well it would fly. If your friends collect vinyl it would be cool, but it's probably not something that should be sent to aunts and uncles etc.

EDIT: Also a regular wish list would be useful for Christmas and such.

Our registries were at Target and Dillards....meh.

We did Target and Bloomingdales (low end/high end). I don't think we even really got much that we registered for. Most people gave us cash, which was much better than crap we didn't need. By the time we got married we had already lived together for three years, so we were pretty set with household items.

I don't see a problem with registering for vinyl...even if it's not just for weddings. I know for birthdays and other gift-giving occasions my parents and siblings have no idea what to get me so being able to build a wish list and send a link to them would help.

maybe just a simple wishlist function?

yeah, I think that is the way to go. I just need to figure out how to have people easily generate a wish list that can be emailed with urls for the releases people want. I will try to make this happen by the holidays

A few years ago, there was a site you could use to make a gift list and you would just add the links from whatever you wanted on the site and then you give the site URL to someone and they just see a long list with URL's to everything. Can't remember for the life of me where it was though

A few years ago, there was a site you could use to make a gift list and you would just add the links from whatever you wanted on the site and then you give the site URL to someone and they just see a long list with URL's to everything. Can't remember for the life of me where it was though

that would be great.

Enough with this wish list shit.

I say make your distro section as good as Sam's at Traffic Street.

http://www.trafficstreetrecords.com/site/distro.html

it would probably be tough since you have more titles but hey, it might boost sales.

weekly, we could come up with a super long list of everything in our store and could post links to everything, kind of like how we do the top 40 of the month, but do you guys think that would be something you would look at?