GLACIERS new LP out (loud instrumental SF band)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, please get your asses up here to Seattle. I'm sure we could get something going if you're having any issues. Getting in touch with the you may die in the desert guys would probably be the easiest way though. Keep us updated for sure. If it's anytime soon, I'll grab a blue copy from you guys at the merch table to help buy fast food and gas. If you don't think they'll last, I'll try and grab one this week sometime

• 3 months later...

Post Valentine's bump - We have about 100 copies left of the blue vinyl, then it's gone. White vinyl silkscreened covers are long gone.

Work has begun on album 2. We play noise pop in SF next week then thats it live for a while. There will be a tour of some sort though.

Some of the other songs from the record are up on myspace now, as well as some live junk.

• 2 weeks later...

we had a great show on friday night at noise pop in sf. we sold a bunch of records. so if you wanted one on blue, they will be gone soon and not repressed. same for the demo CD, only about 20 left. just a heads up.

http://glaciers.bigcartel.com/

mp3s and naked pictures at

www.myspace.com/glaciersband

thanks

• 4 months later...

we have a handful left on blue if anyone still wants one, then we will probably do a clear vinyl pressing. we will have new tshirt designs soon too. we are playing some west coast shows in october down to la if anyone is interested, before we start recording album number 2.

http://glaciers.bigcartel.com/product/glaciers-and-the-sea-won-the-battle-12-lp

new songs are coming together very nicely - way heavier and denser than the last one, more effects and different tunings. should be quite a ride.

@sharkticon - yes, we will do a portland seattle thing at some point. hard to juggle work, family and babies though. we got offered a spot at some filter magazine festival in LA so we are doing a few shows around that. but yeah, portland and seattle is on the list. we have a whole new slew of new songs

@smailtronic - thanks. enjoy.

I should also add that the vinyl is TEN DOLLARS. that's half the price of most records nowadays. We aren't really making a dime on this, we just wanted to put out a great sounding and great looking record, so yeah, enjoy.

@sharkticon - yes, we will do a portland seattle thing at some point. hard to juggle work, family and babies though. we got offered a spot at some filter magazine festival in LA so we are doing a few shows around that. but yeah, portland and seattle is on the list. we have a whole new slew of new songs

Sweet! I know how all the juggling stuff goes, man. I hope it works out for you all. Provided I'm not on tour myself I'll definitely be at the Portland show. And if I am, you all have a place to stay for the night if you need it.

@blackholesun: yeah - bottom hill w god is an astronaut. our first show. what a mess. glad you enjoyed it. its amazing what two years of playing will do for a band...

@sharkticon: cool on portland. we will def be up there. if you have a nice clean place that doesnt smell like cat piss, we will gladly take you up on your offer, and most likely we will cook you dinner, buy you beer and wash your dishes in return. :)

@empathy: about 300 copies on blue were pressed, and i think about 115 on white w the screened covers.

thanks to everyone else who ordered it - its much appreciated -

ill post the october shows once I have everything confirmed so people down in so cal can come out

free lindsay,

cp / glaciers

• 2 months later...

Shows are posted now online. Come see us in California. We'll have the last copies of the blueish clear vinyl with us and some new merch.

The San Diego show is with a new Beware of Safety band, and the LA show is this free party that Filter Magazine and Toyota are throwing. Maybe we will get paid with a new car? Probably not.

Hope to see everyone there who lives on the west coast.

2010. 10.06. SANTA ROSA. CA

THE NORTH BAY FILM & ART COLLECTIVE | w/ Judgement Day + Not To Reason Why

2010. 10.07. SAN FRANCISCO. CA

BOTTOM OF THE HILL | w/ Tera Melos + Skinwalker

2010. 10.08. MONTEREY. CA

CARBONES | w/ Granted Earth + TBD

2010. 10.09. SAN DIEGO. CA

THE CHE CAFE | w/ The Azure Vault + Italian Japanese

2010. 10.10. LOS ANGELES. CA

FILTER MAGAZINE CULTURE COLLIDE FESTIVAL | w/ Tokyo Police Club + Boxer Rebellion + More

http://glaciersband.blogspot.com/2010/09/west-coast-tour-october-2010.html

http://twitter.com/soundofglaciers

http://soundofglaciers.com

-Glaciers

Sweet! I'll definitely be hitting up the SF show w/Tera Melos. That'll be a sweet show. I'm gonna try to make the Santa Rosa show as well - Not To Reason Why are awesome. Saw them open for Rosetta at the same venue and also Gifts From Enola in SF. Chatted with the bassist for a while. Solid people.