speaking of white whales...

...i got one of mine for only $65.05!

[image]

it might be hard to make out, but i nailed an auction for the black MICF w/ orange labels.

[image]

this is even harder to make out, but if you can't see it, i did some smart e-baying and bid $65.05....five cents higher than the next highest bidder.

i'm so proud of myself right now guys, seriously.

always tack on extra cents...

even dollar bids = doomed for failure

My boyfriend has laughed at me for bidding amounts such as $34.07. I just have this weird notion that picking a random amount makes me more likely to win, even though it logically doesn't make sense that someone would be less likely to outbid me just because I tacked on a few extra cents.

• 4 months later...

technically a white whale is something that you have never even really seen in person, and you may start to doubt its existence because you just cant track it down anywhere.

bonus points if hardly anyone else has ever seen it.

not sure if something up for sale every week or two can count as a white whale

technically a white whale is something that you have never even really seen in person, and you may start to doubt its existence because you just cant track it down anywhere.

Can't a white whale be the one thing you've been searching for that always seems to elude you?

My white whale, the New Mexican Disaster Squad/Western Addiction Split on blue and red.

Richard of NMDS says only four were made and he has two and No Idea has the other two, yet No Idea doesn't even list it as a variant and they even list like 1/3 and such. I wrote No Idea but they said they probably don't have one and if they do it's probably in Var's collection. Never seen it, never hear any other reports of it. And I'll kill a whole ship full of men for it.

My white whales :

Chronic Sick "Cutest Band In Hardcore" / s/t 7" :

[image]

[image]

The 7" is more common than the 12" ep, but it's not as good. The 7" normally goes for a few hundred. The 12" normally goes for nearly a grand. Both rarely come up, but even then, I couldn't bring myself to pay that kind of cash.

N.Y. Niggers "Just Like Dresden" 7" :

[image]

Very rare... I've only seen one copy on eBay in a long time. A $300 Buy It Now and I missed it. Would have paid that for it.

Fems "Go To A Party" 7" :

[image]

Only seen it for sale once and it went for about $200. About $100 more than I would pay.