Enough with the cassettes!

benc

Guest kylewilliam

i really like cassettes. they are a lot of fun, a lot of cars still have them, and if you use music grade cassettes the quality is fine.

hating on cassettes from a vinyl collector is like hating on vinyl from a cd collector. relax. just because you don't like it doesn't mean they're dumb.

i really like cassettes. they are a lot of fun, a lot of cars still have them, and if you use music grade cassettes the quality is fine.

hating on cassettes from a vinyl collector is like hating on vinyl from a cd collector. relax. just because you don't like it doesn't mean they're dumb.

Not really. Vinyl has always been the choice of most audiophiles. Tapes have horrible sound quality that deteriorates with every listen. Not to mention that you can't just pick a song, you have to rewind or fast forward. It's like if people started watching VHS tapes because it's the cool thing to do. Stupid.

I think they're a novelty for a lot of people on here because by the time they were old enough to care about music, CDs were around. I grew up with tapes. They suck.

i grew up with cassette tapes as well and i like cassette tapes. i'll admit i don't always buy them unless they are demo's, but i love making cassette compilations for my friends who still own cassette players (which is 80% of them). I still own most of my cassette tapes from the 70's and 80's anyway. i just can't get rid of music in general.

Fuck you guys, I like tapes. I also collect laserdiscs though, so I don't know if my opinion matters ha.

dude, i use to collect laserdiscs and video discs (remember those).. laserdisc was awesome because i could buy movies for only 3 bucks a pop... video discs were only a quarter when i could find them.

Fuck you guys, I like tapes. I also collect laserdiscs though, so I don't know if my opinion matters ha.

dude, i use to collect laserdiscs and video discs (remember those).. laserdisc was awesome because i could buy movies for only 3 bucks a pop... video discs were only a quarter when i could find them.

Exactly why I collect them, they're so cheap! Reckless always has a decent amount and they're usually pretty cheap. I love them haha

I think buying tapes is pointless now (its my opinion,relax people) they have helped me not lose my mind when my CD player craps out in my car,I always have an emergency set of tapes in the car.I grew up kinda poor and didnt have a CD player till I was about 12, I depended on tapes and my moms record player to listen to music, but now I wouldnt go out to a store and buy some tapes, maybe if I found some at Goodwill on the cheap then I would pick them up.

Most of the tapes I buy have music on them that is exclusive to the tape release (mostly demos). I don't really like or dislike the format.

It's the same reason that I got into buying vinyl. Bands had releases that are exclusive to that format. Not because I wanted to collect or pretend I'm an audiophile.

I prefer vinyl, but in the end I'm not too picky about what format the music's on. I'm more interested in the music contained on the record, tape, cd, 8-track, mp3, etc...

I've had many discussions with my friends about tapes and all of our opinions are negative: the sound quality degrades with each listen, they are magnetized so if you put a magnet near them it erases the whole thing, if you hold it in your hand and shake the tape it will start to erase, if it is left in the sun (not even in the heat, but if it is in your car and sun is hitting it) it will erase. I have a tape deck in my car and I run my Zune through it, I don't see why other people wouldn't do the same if they had an MP3 player.

I have a tape deck in my car and I run my Zune through it, I don't see why other people wouldn't do the same if they had an MP3 player.

I don't have Metal Circus or Extreme Aggression on my Zune.