Good place to get your band reviewed?

What if I'm in an unsigned band?

Send the package to our associate editor, Tim Karan, ATTN: AP&R. If you do that, you're submitting for our unsigned bands of the month section, where we profile eight groups a month. If Tim likes what he hears, you're in!

1305 West 80th Street • Ste 2F • Cleveland, OH 44102

Punknews doesn't review tapes, mammoth press doesn't seem to review much DIY stuff, if any at all (that I noticed), and AP put out a comp with Attack Attack on it.

I may try some of the other publications. Anyone know of any DIY emo-friendly publications?

I've reviewed two DIY records in the last couple months. It couldn't hurt to send it in, dude.

Jason Tate and the fine folks on the Absolute Punk boards have thoroughly proven themselves to be complete cunts. I'd sooner burn all of my tapes than send one there.

Well then don't do it. You wanted advice, I gave you some. Don't be a dick.

Sorry man, I wasn't trying to be a dick to you personally or anything, I appreciate the suggestion. I just think that while everyone involved in that Absolute Punk vs. Scott bs was a drama queen, the absolute punk people acted super unprofessionally, and not that they care at all that my shitty band doesn't want to send them a tape, but maybe if someone from there were to read this they would realize that they should have a little bit more integrity because the whole situation reflected very poorly upon them.

Well then don't do it. You wanted advice, I gave you some. Don't be a dick.

Sorry man, I wasn't trying to be a dick to you personally or anything, I appreciate the suggestion. I just think that while everyone involved in that Absolute Punk vs. Scott bs was a drama queen, the absolute punk people acted super unprofessionally, and not that they care at all that my shitty band doesn't want to send them a tape, but maybe if someone from there were to read this they would realize that they should have a little bit more integrity because the whole situation reflected very poorly upon them.

My boss/friend actually does reviews for AP and he's a cool dude. He's told me that the other guys who do reviews are cool guys too, so I dunno. Perhaps they don't feel like they should waste their time to review a band that they think is gonna suck(whether they know if they suck or not). Now you might think this makes them dicks, but doesn't it really make them realistic? I mean, they can't review every band that asks them to do a review.

p.s. That wasn't meant to be dickish, I'm just sayin.

Punknews doesn't review tapes, mammoth press doesn't seem to review much DIY stuff, if any at all (that I noticed), and AP put out a comp with Attack Attack on it.

I may try some of the other publications. Anyone know of any DIY emo-friendly publications?

I've reviewed two DIY records in the last couple months. It couldn't hurt to send it in, dude.

I have been guilty of dragging my feet on some reviews for DIY labels and self-releases. But we get them @ MP.