Fest 9

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, it wasn't much to write home about. It's probably better off left undocumented.

Twelve Hour Turn at 8 Seconds, on the other hand, were razor sharp. I'm still kicking myself for not shooting any video of their set.

agreed and agreed. (cue the apocalypse, Scott and I agreeing on multiple topics in the course of a weekend...including some ska related discussions.)

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

document.write('+':ni0q1o7p]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':ni0q1o7p]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

{

document.write('+':gd2kikq8]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':gd2kikq8]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Who all played in the lobby? I got back from the PIB warehouse show and the guys from Fake Problems had just finished a set. After their set they joined me and a few other folks in the elevator for a trip to the 3rd floor...I guess they were staying in the room next to ours.

Yeah, i heard about that room show. (and yet no one called me) i brought 2 recorders just to record it and didn't even use them. oh well. shit happens. fuck all' ya'll who were there. i'm glad i stuck around to watch him at 8 seconds. i would have been pissed to miss him. i think he's playing here in a month or two. may go see him if it's not too expensive.

If anybody picked up the IHM/THT split /50 and the Shores LP from No Idea at Fest, and are willing to sell/trade, let me know!!!

I picked up the Fest edition of the Shores LP and mine was numbered 1/70 (and I got it around 1pm, an hour before the BBQ ended)—I doubt it was a very hot seller, and I wouldn't be surprised if the remainder end up on noidearecords.com.

Also, the HWM Live #4 was limited to one per person because they only had 100, I think, but they said more are coming in shortly and will be available online soon.

The Shores LP I picked up too was also labeled 1/70. I'm assuming they are all like that.

It wasn't that soon after, and the owner of the room was freaked about it getting broken up so he didn't want to let anybody else come.

Also, who is takingchase, he must have been right in front of me?

Not that this doesn't describe pretty much everyone there but I was the tall dude with a beard and a shook ones shirt.

I heard the OWTH show was amazing. Anyone check it out?

This nearly made me kill people. I was waiting outside the Atlantic to see Hour of the Wolf and there was a huge line for OWTH (who everyone figured out were playing) and I missed HOTW. I made it in to see OWTH (though I really just wanted to stay for Punch, who were awesome) only to see the place was like 3/4 full (if that). The Atlantic was frustrating me all weekend.

Here is who I saw all or part of:

Nightbirds

Soviettes

Landmines

Hellmouth

Valient Thorr

Hard Skin

Strike Anywhere

Suicide Machines

Paul Baribeau

Good Luck

Defiance Ohio

Flatliners

Dead To Me

Worn In Red

Paint It Black

Young Livers

Me First...

Planes Mistaken For Stars

O Pioneers

Shook Ones

Monikers

New Bruises

VRGNS

Gatorface

The Emotron

BTMI!

Chris Wollard

Frank Turner

Quite prolific.

I heard the OWTH show was amazing. Anyone check it out?

This nearly made me kill people. I was waiting outside the Atlantic to see Hour of the Wolf and there was a huge line for OWTH (who everyone figured out were playing) and I missed HOTW. I made it in to see OWTH (though I really just wanted to stay for Punch, who were awesome) only to see the place was like 3/4 full (if that). The Atlantic was frustrating me all weekend.

i had to jump the fence and sneak in the band door to see HOTW. i was not going to miss them.

the atlantic sucked for sure. they kept saying they were full when it was only half full.