Sox and Indians

ps

Alright, so this is the last series this season, and myself and the guys at work put together prediction of the outcome of each game. It kinda fun and I know there are a few baseball fans roaming these boards. Feel free to go as in depth as you want.

game 1 - Pettitte vs. Dice-K

Yanks win 8-3

Pettitte (w) goes 6 2/3 gives up HR to Youk

Dice-K (l) goes 5, hr to Posada & Melky

game 2 - Wang vs. Beckett

Yanks win 3-2

Wang (w) goes 8 gives up 2 run double to Pedroia

Beckett (l) goes 7 1/3, hr to Arod & Matsui

game 3 - Hughes vs. Shilling

Yanks win 9-6

Hughes (w) goes 6 1/3, hr to Lowell, Tek, & Ortiz

Shilling (nd) goes 6, 2 hr to Arod, Abreu

Okijima (l)

Oh, yeah.... I'm really bored.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you really think they're going to get swept? I certainly hope not, and don't think so. The yanks have been playing amazing ball, but the sox are finally learning how to come back from being down in the late innings. Also, I'm hoping the Clemens pitches on Sunday, they say it's a possibility. Either way, I bet you're right about the first game, DiceK is so tired. 2nd game, the sox are either way on or way off with wang. Schill has been pitching so much better as well, maybe they'll kill Hughes again...let's go sox!

Also, I keep bugging my friend to bring me to the game on Sunday instead of his wife. we'll see what happens.

yanks will take 2 of three. I dont think a sweep is gonna happen... altho the yanks have really pulled their shit together since the allstar break.

The sox have been winning, but have been giving up alot of runs to some pretty subpar teams lately... and theres no one with a more dangerous offense than the yankees at this point... pretty much for the sox to win, they need to be winning by the 7th.. because Chamberlain/Rivera have been pretty much lights out as of late.

Im really psyched at the prospect of a Yanks/Sox ALCS this year... nothing is better than that.

This thread should be titled: Two teams that continue to ruin baseball.

or you could entitle the thread two teams who are the best thing to ever happen to the owners of other teams and are great for baseball.

1) the sox and yankees pay out the ass in luxury tax and revenue sharing... and if you run the numbers.. most of this doesnt actually go to bolster the smaller market teams payrolls... it goes into the owners pockets.

2) Both teams actually spend the money they are taking in (the yankees are always the highest attendance team in baseball, and the sox not far behind) to make the teams competitive for their fans, many other teams just don't care to be competitive.. and thusly lose and pocket the cash.

3) the yankees sell out pretty much all their road games. no team in the history of sports is hated so much by opposing fans as the yankees.. which if you check, results in them selling out stadiums for teams that normally can't sell out games against any other opponent.

4) yanks vs sox = the best rivalry in sports history.

Guest scriptedrain

or you could entitle the thread two teams who are the best thing to ever happen to the owners of other teams and are great for baseball.

1) the sox and yankees pay out the ass in luxury tax and revenue sharing... and if you run the numbers.. most of this doesnt actually go to bolster the smaller market teams payrolls... it goes into the owners pockets.

2) Both teams actually spend the money they are taking in (the yankees are always the highest attendance team in baseball, and the sox not far behind) to make the teams competitive for their fans, many other teams just don't care to be competitive.. and thusly lose and pocket the cash.

3) the yankees sell out pretty much all their road games. no team in the history of sports is hated so much by opposing fans as the yankees.. which if you check, results in them selling out stadiums for teams that normally can't sell out games against any other opponent.

+1

They definitely sell tickets for any away games they play. In Baltimore they jack up the hotel and parking prices when either team is in town cause they know they are gonna sell a ton more tickets.

Guest scriptedrain

They definitely sell tickets for any away games they play. In Baltimore they jack up the hotel and parking prices when either team is in town cause they know they are gonna sell a ton more tickets.

The financial world revolves around supply and demand. You can't blame the Yanks or the Sox for that.

- Jeff

Guest scriptedrain
I'm not. Camden Yards is a beautiful and comfortable ballpark and I love to see ball games there. I'm sure the city of Baltimore loves to see the sox and yanks coming, good business for everybody involved.

Oh, I thought you were saying it in spite. Sorry about that, no offense intended :)

- Jeff