would burning baseball cards be bad for the earth?

I have a shit ton of old baseball, football, and basketball cards. They weren't cared for, aren't inserts, from the late 80s early 90s where they printed billions of cards. They have no real value. I'm thinking about using them as firestarters.

How bad would I be hurting mother earth if I did this? I'm mostly worried about the ink, gloss, whatever. I don't want to waft toxic smoke into my neighbors yard.

Why don't you burn, say, 20 of them and see how it smells. If it smells like paper burning you're golden. If it smells like toxic chemicals, avoid it.

I'd say anything 80s and earlier is probably ok. They just coated that shit with wax. In the 90s though they started getting all glossy and retarded so I could see that being pretty nasty when set ablaze.

take them to a hobby shop or place that deals in trading cards. there's a shop about 10 minutes away from me that has been open for at least 15 years that strictly buys and sells trading cards. the guy gives me 10 cents a card even if they've been chewed on by a dog or are beat to shit in some other way.

if you're just looking to get rid of them give them to a kid in your neighborhood so he can pin them to his bike tires so he can be awesome.