Yet another eBay question...

So I sold something on eBay today for $175 via Buy It Now, and the person who bought it paid immediately via PayPal. Awesome, right? My only concern is that the person's only been an eBay member since Oct. 17, and only has a feedback rating of two (both positive). Both items she received feedback for were significantly cheaper ($20-30 range).

I guess I'm worried at how low her feedback is, how new of a user she is and how quickly she sent money. I don't want to send the item and then get a call from PayPal that her account was fraudulent or something. How can I protect myself, outside of getting Delivery Confirmation on the package?

Also, am I just being paranoid and untrusting of a fellow human?

I'd be a bit paranoid as well, but I mean you should just go with it.

side question, when you got the e-mail from paypal, does it say that her address is a confirmed address?

It says her mailing address is confirmed, yes. And her eBay username matches her real name, so it seems legit. I always get worried when I sell big-ticket items, though.

side question, when you got the e-mail from paypal, does it say that her address is a confirmed address?

It says her mailing address is confirmed, yes. And her eBay username matches her real name, so it seems legit. I always get worried when I sell big-ticket items, though.

May I ask what you sold, just curious...

yeah, it's understandable. but I mean since it all checks out, you're in the clear. put a delivery confirmation or something on the item and you're set.

You are being paranoid. Nothing about this seems at all sketchy. If this person was just trying to scam you I would think they would go for something more expensive than 175 bucks. That's a high price for one record, but in reality it's really not that much money.

In that case, can I borrow $175? I promise I'm not scamming you.

DON'T DO IT! IT"S A SCAM!! Who would pay for a high dollar item so quickly! Especialy a Buy It Now....They should take days or a week to pay!!

OK...I'm Joking....as said above, gotta start somewhere. Ship confirmation and you should be good. It's the people with low feedback, that go bid happy on a high dollar item and having problems to get to pay.....I wouldn't feel comfortable on a international low feedback person, but if it's domestic....your bein a bit paranoid.

Like everyone else has said, don't worry every one started out with no feedback once upon a time. This person sounds like a perfect eBayer in the making. Everyone just needs to calm down and trust a little, the world would be a better place. Saying that Shipping Confirmation is essential, and as long as you have pocketed the cash all is good!

You are being paranoid. Nothing about this seems at all sketchy. If this person was just trying to scam you I would think they would go for something more expensive than 175 bucks. That's a high price for one record, but in reality it's really not that much money.

In that case, can I borrow $175? I promise I'm not scamming you.

Lending money and selling on ebay are not even close to being the same scenario.

So my answer is no.

Feel free to buy any record on my tradelist for $175 though. I will mail it out the next day. ;)