jake bannon prints!

coldober

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another question...is this rush to buy the prints going to be a repeat of the Converge/AN clear debaucle from a couple of weeks ago?

I really hope not. I don't think so since this time they were watching the ordering where as the story for those clear presses were they were out of the office when the order spike hit. I think I'm safe since I already got my confirmation and receipt though.

jane doe is probably my favorite album of all time. i dont care what people think of bannons art or converges music or if its cliche to say that.

i think its shitty as hell that ive missed out on a jane doe print 4 times now. the giclee, the screenprint, the leftover copies that they sold direct a few days after the print sold out that they said would go up on the site and never did (which i woke up 3 hours early every day for a week and a half to try and get because i live on the west coast), and now the damaged ones which i practically begged the DWI staff to sell me direct because id knew i miss this while i was at work, and sure enough i was right.

its just an all around bummer that they wouldnt sell me one and know it was going to someone who was going to put it up on his wall and appreciate it whereas whoever got the remaining copies--the majority of them probably already bought one to flip on ebay and will be flipping these as wells. lame. now that im done whining i can digress.

ive spent at least $2000 on the deathwish site within the past 3 years....EASY. im a sucker for screen print art as well. the only problem i can really agree with when it comes to jakes work is that he doesnt do the screen printing. which some artist i know dont like. but remember the dude runs a label and is in a world touring band. what more do you want from this dude?

fuck me for working. i want a jane doe print so bad. one of my favourite albums and artworks ever. i hate myself for not getting one one when they initially went up. i definitely would have grabbed one today.

• 2 weeks later...

from the DW board:

Posted by: Jake (Moderator)

Date: September 25, 2007 05:13PM

As of yesterday, all of them have shipped.

You have to remember that with prints, packing each one takes a significant amount of time. We also have additional steps like Delivery Notification, the logging of print numbers (w/ customer info) etc, that is done for each print, which lengthens the process. Ie: It takes a few extra days.

Thanks.

-J.