Most Overrated Movie

riddle350

I think Napoleon Dynamite was ruined by the mainstream audience because of the excessive quoting, and then the merchandising got out of control. Austin Powers all over again *shudder*

I actually laughed my ass off the first time I saw ND, which was when it was still in limited release.

40 Year Old Virgin was awful.

I love shit like Mr. Show, The Office (UK, haven't seen US one), Arrested Development, etc. In all seriousness, should I have liked that movie? It seems like a lot of people whose taste I usually trust thought it was funny as hell. I thought it was horrid.

I love shit like Mr. Show, The Office (UK, haven't seen US one), Arrested Development, etc. In all seriousness, should I have liked that movie? It seems like a lot of people whose taste I usually trust thought it was funny as hell. I thought it was horrid.

I also thought it was really forced and awkward, and not nearly as funny as people made it out to be.

I also thought it was really forced and awkward, and not nearly as funny as people made it out to be.

That's how I felt about Talladega Nights and Blades Of Glory. All these new Will Ferrell movies are just becoming parodies of themselves.

Guest scriptedrain

Overrated and bad are two different ideas to me. The first time I saw Napoleon Dynamite, I thought it was hilarious too. That was before the non-stop quotes, merchandise, mainstream references, etc. As funny as I found the movie to be, though, I think it blew up too much and got considered as one of our generation's great comedies. It's not THAT good.

As good as the Lord of the Rings trilogy may be to some, there are people who put it up there with Star Wars, some even saying it's better. I'm stealing Kevin Smith's thunder here, but I can't believe how much money was made off of 3 films about, essentially, a ring and walking around. And like I said, I realize it's so much more than that to a lot of people, but I still find the films to be vastly overrated.

But I also loved The 40 Year Old Virgin and The Boondock Saints, so I seem to be in the minority of this discussion anyway. What do I know? :)

- Jeff

300 was hyped up WAAAY too much. but still had amazing visual effects. i agree on all of the talk about LOTR and napolean dynamite hooplah. i loved 40 Year Old Virgin. i thought Knocked Up was overrated. Superbad ftw, though.

Kill Bill Vol.1/Vol.2

Death Proof

[something else was here, but i forgot...]

• 3 weeks later...