Thrice - Beggars - dubmaverick edition

Duff

another thing is that the pressing is probably not actually /2000. 2000 were probably made available to retailers and then dubmaverick will go ahead and make his own custom colors/variants that will jack up the total amount pressed.

has this happened a lot in the past? is it even legal? since they don't own the material to make (assuming) unauthorized additional copies of.

another thing is that the pressing is probably not actually /2000. 2000 were probably made available to retailers and then dubmaverick will go ahead and make his own custom colors/variants that will jack up the total amount pressed.

has this happened a lot in the past? is it even legal? since they don't own the material to make (assuming) unauthorized additional copies of.

it has happened with every Vagrant release that Cobraside has handled. i'm not sure if they do it for any other label's releases. i emailed Vagrant about it back when Under The Boards came out and dubmaverick was pulling these shenanigans but i never got a response. i also emailed cobraside and got this response, word for word, "it's our release we can do whatever we want with it."

Was the original post in this thread deleted or something?

http://cgi.ebay.com/THRICE-BEGGARS-LP-SPECIAL-COLOR-SIGNED-BOOK-W-DOWNLOAD_W0QQitemZ130349979893

I promised myself that I wouldn't buy another cobraside release due to the antics around the Saves the Day LPs. It's so shady. I preordered it from nerd alert anyhow and feel dirty for supporting cobraside >:(

it has happened with every Vagrant release that Cobraside has handled. i'm not sure if they do it for any other label's releases. i emailed Vagrant about it back when Under The Boards came out and dubmaverick was pulling these shenanigans but i never got a response. i also emailed cobraside and got this response, word for word, "it's our release we can do whatever we want with it."

I wonder if Vagrant has some kind of deal with Cobraside that allows them to print a certain amount of an exclusive variant as part of payment for pressing the record. If that's the case, not a bad idea, too bad they are seling it at an inflated price.

I still might buy one though, only 5 more dollars than the normal press.

Sent an email off to Dubmaverick asking a bunch of questions and got these answers:

1. Q: How many of this variant are there?

A: Less than 50.

2. Q: Are these included in the /2000 pressing

A: Yes, these are part of the /2000 pressing, however there will be 200 more copies that are not numbered, not signed but still color

3. Q: How many total color variants are there?

A: 5 or 6, info will be given closer to release date

Sent an email off to Dubmaverick asking a bunch of questions and got these answers:

1. Q: How many of this variant are there?

A: Less than 50.

2. Q: Are these included in the /2000 pressing

A: Yes, these are part of the /2000 pressing, however there will be 200 more copies that are not numbered, not signed but still color

3. Q: How many total color variants are there?

A: 5 or 6, info will be given closer to release date

I can't believe anything that he says

and less than 50 could be anything from /1 to /49. still isn't much help. he gives you answers but the vaguest possible, which doesn't really shed any light or give any helpful info.

It's at least /9. He's sold 6 and has 3 more posted. With the relatively low price, I'd guess it's closer to /50, but who knows!

I got this mail from him:

Hello

Just to let you know that Beggars is out now, limited edition of 2000 numbered lp, contains the 24 page booklet signed, download card and numbered. There is a limited edition purple color that is exclusive to our

store, you are also welcome to buy all 8 colors if you like at one shot, since most of you guys are hard core collectors, this is one time shot. This record is sold out upon release.

You can buy them on ebay or through our website, blood pact colors only through the website.

thanks for your support

Links here

www.musicliquidators.net

http://shop.ebay.com/dubmaverick/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

cheers

pete

color breakdown

Beggars

only 2000 are signed, have download card & numbered

400+ Green

300+ Blue

250+ Red

300+ white/clear mixed

250+ mustard/yellow

300+ Mint

200+ that have little bit of colors from the above but are not signed, not numbered and no download card

99 or less Clear

45 or less purple -exclusive to our store only