Some GF advice ... (birth control/weight content)

So I'm pretty new here, but this is pretty much the only place I could ask.. she frequents another message board I post at, so I'd like some advice.

My girlfriend was about 110 pounds about 2 months ago. She's 5'6''. Thats tiny. XS tiny.

She got on a new birth control (some sort of shot) and she's put on like 10 pounds in 3 weeks. She's like super bummed and has stopped eating normally and I think that the shot has made her super depressed. Everything now is about her weight, and she refuses to let anyone buy her clothes for Christmas for fear that she won't fit in them. She's still super skinny.

Now, the birth control shot she took lasts like three months, so she's gotta wait until like late jan/early feb until it wears off, and gets on a different pill.

So the real question is... What do I these next months to make her happy? She's def seemed different since she took that BC shot, and it fucking sucks.

Thanks guys.

uhm since i have a vagina i'll go ahead and answer this...bc really fucks your hormones up in my experience. everyone i know who's on it went through some sort of weird adjustment period, gained weight, lost sex drive, some depression/mood swings. to be honest with you I would either accept these side effects or let her know you would be willing to wrap it up and save her the bullshit. my boyfriend is fully aware that i flip the script while on bc so i tried it for a short while and we went right back to the rubber.

if she really wants to stay on it, you can try to have a little "serious" talk with her and tell her that you understand she's feeling shitty about herself but you still find her incredibly sexy. don't act ANY different around her than you normally would, even if you do notice the weight gain on her small frame. she's going to need to feel that your thoughts of her haven't changed and won't change because of these effects. in time she will be more accepting of herself but that's not really something you can control.

don't even buy her clothes for christmas...focus on getting her some really special things that are super sentimental and have nothing to do with her weight/body. the more you avoid the topic, the better, imo.

idk if any of that helps but I can definitely identify with those problems...

So I'm pretty new here, but this is pretty much the only place I could ask.. she frequents another message board I post at, so I'd like some advice.

My girlfriend was about 110 pounds about 2 months ago. She's 5'6''. Thats tiny. XS tiny.

She got on a new birth control (some sort of shot) and she's put on like 10 pounds in 3 weeks. She's like super bummed and has stopped eating normally and I think that the shot has made her super depressed. Everything now is about her weight, and she refuses to let anyone buy her clothes for Christmas for fear that she won't fit in them. She's still super skinny.

Now, the birth control shot she took lasts like three months, so she's gotta wait until like late jan/early feb until it wears off, and gets on a different pill.

So the real question is... What do I these next months to make her happy? She's def seemed different since she took that BC shot, and it fucking sucks.

Thanks guys.

wait, she got the Depo shot? worst birth control ever. seriously, that shit can sterilize you if you take it for too long. good luck making her happy, that shot fucks with your hormones so bad that she'll be crazy for another month or two, and im serious about that.

^^^I've also heard that the shot is no good...my GF was on the nuva ring for awhile and that thing messed her up bad...she was on her period for 14 DAYS at one point...ugh...then she tried the pill and that didn't work too well either. completely lost her sex drive, didn't feel like doing anything, was depressed, etc....BC really effs w/ a girl. She's off of it now until january but might try something else them..but honestly I rather she just stay off and we use condoms...doesn't really bother me much.

Yeah, she just told me it was depo shit.

The thing is, she's had surgery on her ovaries (due to cysts) and they're already fucked, but she has this thing where she gets like super bad pains when her period comes.. But no period. So she's been taking birth control for about 7 yearsc(the same pill) to MAKE her period come, and her doctor switched her because if your on the same BC for that long it could make you infertile... But she's already pretty much infertile due to her surgery, so she was just taking BC to help with her pains?

Idk, it's a real complicated thing, and all in all, I think her gyno is a fucking idiot.

My wife's doctor hates the shot, because it messes with your hormones and makes you gain weight which combined with the first problem is a bad situation. Tell her these are normal and temporary side effects, but that you still find her beautiful and sexy. While you're waiting for the shot to wear off look into the Nuva Ring or however you spell it or Loestrin (my wife just switched to this and really likes it).

Ok, here is more advice from a woman's point of view: in my personal opinion birth control should be avoided. Besides the obvious side effects it's just not natural and totally tricks a woman's body in to thinking it is pregnant. I got totally fuched up from the nuvaring DO NOT use it! If she has to be on something, make sure it's low hormone as possible. Also, have you ever heard about womens Mayan abdominal massage? You may not believe in alternative medicine/therapies, but it cleared up a ton of the lady problems I was having associated with my cycle. If you are interested in finding out more or have any questions I know a lot about this kind of stuff, so feel free to PM me.

dude.. first of all, BC doesn't take any of the negative effects of a period away.

second of all, whether or not you actually bleed you still go through your cycle which includes all of the negative effects (ie bitchyness, cramps, bloatedness, feeling like shit, etc)

Just try bleeding your guts out of your vagina for a week at a time every months, then come back and tell us about the negative effects ;)