Not getting paid for your Christmas time off...

jurrobear

Paid days off are the best days ever.

Between our holiday schedule and my vacation days i have 23rd - 28th off and then the 30th - 1/3 off.

the next couple weeks are gonna be great. Then Hell will hit in Jan - Feb. I was already told no days off, and lots and lots of overtime (unpaid because i am on salary)

Unfortunately people still need EMS on holidays, so we don't get off. We're on a rotating schedule so that nobody has to work every holiday. This year I'm off on Christmas Day and New Years Eve. Last year I had to work both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day but was off New Years Eve and New Years Day. Next year I'm off Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and work New Years Eve and New Years Day. If we do have to work a holiday we get overtime pay and 12 hours of Floating Holiday time (which is basically just more vacation time). So it's no big deal and most of the time I'm happy to work the holidays. Except having to work Thanksgiving this year, I usually take vacation around Halloween and Thanksgiving but only took off Halloween this year. I'm too far down the seniority list to get off around Christmas.

Guest eriathomas

My boss probably already assumes I'll be working until midnight Christmas Eve and Day. I think eve is time and a half, and Christmas Day is double time, so it may be worth it.

im off christmas day and have to work the full eight hours on christmas eve. my work pulled some shit this year. we normally get to cash out whatever vacation time we dont use by the end of the year. anyway, i got with our HR department to find out how much time i had (80 hours) and they said i would only be able to cash out 40 and the have to use the rest. i took this whole week off and ended up getting sick so it was essentially a waste. its shitty to the employees who think they can cash out all their time though.

Guest eriathomas

I managed to get Christmas Eve, and New Years Eve off this year. I have to work Christmas day, but it's double time, and New Years day is time and a half.

i feel bad for the ones who dont get xmas paid i get paid for xmas eve which i am off xmas day which i am off new years eve which i am off and new years day which i am off.

i also had off thanksgiving and the friday after it and got paid for it.

Here is the kicker we havent got raises in 2 years. which was a yearly thing. I did although get a hefty xmas bonus this year alot more then usual.