most distubing thing i saw this weekend

Guest falloutcollapse

no that was so stupid, i felt like we might actually win, but that was stupid to think, since there were 3 timeouts left and everything.

i saw a bumper sticker in NORTHERN NEW JERSEY that said "Marriage = [male sign] + [female sign]" i wanted to barf all over their car

There was a pickup truck that used to park outside of my old apartment that had that same sticker on its bumper. I pissed on said bumper more than once after coming home from a show late at night. Assholes.

there's a pizza delivery driver whose probably in his fifties, delivers for the shitty joint just across the alley from my apartment. dude has a confederate flag vanity license plate on the front of his rickety-ass truck. i don't know if that happens in the states very much any more, but it's the first time i ever saw it.

Yeah, there are still quite a few people that have confederate flag stickers and the like. It really depends on where you are, as they are mostly found in the south, but really turn up ANYWHERE.

I am not defending the use of the confederate flag at all - you wouldn't catch me dead sporting one - but assuming someone is racist (or WHATEVER) because they have one is like equating skinheads with neo-nazis. JUST SAYING IS ALL.

oh, i have no idea whether or not he's racist. but it seems like you're kind of inviting that kind of criticism is all.

Agreed.

I once worked with a woman who was a self-proclaimed "redneck" who sported them on her truck. To hear her explain her philosophy on life, it actually makes sense - for her. She was awesome and one of the most genuine and sweet people you'd ever know. Not a hate-mongering racist at all.

And she hated Bush. A LOT.

So I guess you just never know..... like I said, while it may invite the criticism, it's the same thing with dudes who call themselves "skins". The average person may jump to one conclusion but it may be completely off base.

edit : I was just wondering what ever happened to her, so I googled her name and found a message board where people were talking about other people with 'strange names'. Her first name is Frosty. I told you, she is a redneck.

Earlier this year my friends and I went to a country fair in the hick region just north of Pittsburgh. My buddy was wearing a Bad Religion shirt. As we were leaving this carny, over his megaphone mind you, says 'Bad Religion? There's no such thing as bad religion, unless you're Jewish."

I was shocked.