What did you get for Christmas?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My girlfriend got me a sound bar w/ a sub woofer. My old sound system died and this is perfect for our apartment. I just watched Wall-E and parts of the Dark Knight, it sounds fantastic.

She also got me a shirt, a hoodie, and a Panda Bear LP.

My brother got me a J Dilla record, along with Animal Collective's Merriweather Post Pavilion and the Blakrok LP.

Going to my parents now, what awaits me?!?! I hope it's a Weezer Snuggie.

Guest eriathomas

2 new pairs of jeans (I only have one left, and the zipper is busted and always falls down).

2 long sleeve t-shirts

3 new sweaters (I love sweaters)

$75 to Square Records

$500 cash

My family came to NY for thanksgiving and we did a bunch of shopping then, so not much really. A new set of earbud headphones and some clothes, but thats about it. I got to get away from the city for a bit and came to El Paso. Good Christmas for me. Plus, I am going to meet up with an old flame. Hope I get to unwrap that gift ;)

goddamn I'm spoiled

Records:

Beneath Oblivion - S/T 10" - red/white A/B

Beneath Oblivion / Sin Of Angels - split 10" - green

Caspian - You Are The Conductor - clear

Eksi Ekso - I Am Bastard Wings - black/orage swirl

Ghastly City Sleep - S/T - cognac

Them Crooked Vultures - S/T

100 12" plastic sleeves

Vinyl dusting cloths

Gift cards:

$75 - Amazon

$40 - Chick-Fil-A

$25 - Bodo's (local bagel place)

$25 - Gas card

$15 - Wendys

$15 - Wal-Mart

$20 cash

$5 lottery ticket winings!

DVDs

Batman

Batman Forever

Hot Rod

Torche shirt

Mastodon Leviathan hoodie

Mastodon Blood Mountain Vans slip ons

Tom Bihn braincell laptop sleeve

Tom Bihn snake charmer cord bag

External hard drive travel case

camera tripod

All purpose utility tool

Jimi wallet

Knife sharpener

Salt/pepper grinders

various candy, shower accessories, etc

I got this stuff (any gift cards/money is going to be split with my wife)

A 2x4 Expedit

Set of 4 LP frames

$100 gift card to Target

a table-top air-hockey table

Beatles Remasters (Revolver & Rubber Soul)

$50 iTunes gift card

$60 pre-paid Visa

3 $25 gift cards to various chain restaurants

2 plaid, l/s Gap shirts

a ceramic plate that my daughter hand-decorated

and Epitaph sent me a $5 gift card, so I bought myself a Weakerthans shirt.

All in all, it was pretty good. The best thing I got though, was 1/2 a day to relax. After the family stuff in the morning, my wife suggested we postpone everything else and stay home, drink beer, watch Scrooged, and eat Chinese. Then we did it. Yay Xmas.

All I wanted for christmas was to spend time with my family. I didn't even get that. :/

I talked to my grandparents on the phone last night. My grandma said she was going to mail me my gift from them. I haven't heard from my parents at all. They didn't even fucking call me. And I'm kind of hurt by it. I'll probably hear about it for not calling them...I just kind of wanted to see if they'd call me for once.

Like I know my parents love me and they do a lot for me. But they knew I was spending christmas alone and how I've been going through a rough time. It would have meant a lot to me for them to call.

Two pairs of corduroys from the gap, black socks, two pairs of boxers, money, gift cards, Madden '10, Assassin's Creed II, a vibrating toothbrush (that I'm going to use to masturbate with), and doggy poop bags.

Nothing nuts, but pretty useful stuff. Esp. the money, since I lost my wallet today.

from my wife;

a couple sweaters, a button down shirt, dan browns new book, 'role models' dvd, a desk organizer with charging docks for my blackberry and ipod to use in my home office, the beatles stereo remasters box set

I also got:

some cash, a new belt, some boxers/socks, polo explorer cologne, cold cave 'love comes close' cd, scrubs season 8 dvd, fifa 10 for 360, a small bottle of makers mark and 3 records:

hot water music - forever and counting

rumbleseat - is dead

converge/coalesce split 7" (on pink)

also went out with my wife last night and saw Sherlock Holmes (which I really enjoyed)

overall a pretty damn good Christmas. no complaints.

From my dad: an IOU coupon for a 2 day stay at a ski chalet and 2 days of lift passes

From my sister: Batman and Philosophy, part of the philosophy and pop culture books

From my mom: A blanket from Chapters/Indigo, and a FLiP minoHD video camera

From my aunt/uncle: Chapters gift cert for $100

Overall I'm pretty stoked.

Nothing.

We decided at home to not do gifts this year. My brother is still struggling w/ money due all the medical issues he's had. So to ease the burden, we're not doing gifts.

All good. I guess the only gift I'll be getting will the VC Secret Santa...so that counts.

My family did the same, except more so because my sister made a stink about how our gift limit wasn't high enough, so we had a $0 limit.

On the other hand, my girlfriend got me a Jay Reatard LP, a subcription to Razorcake, some No Idea shirts, and a Lawrence Arms print.

Guest naytoid

Wife: some shirts from Shirtkiller.com, The Ultimate Watchmen dvd set, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles dvd volumes 1-6, Street Fighter IV special edition, Curb Your Enthusiam season six, Buffy Season 8 vol. 5 and some money, among other things

Nan: Made me a fruitcake and gave me a $20 voucher to Sanity (Cd, dvd, store)

Mum: Nothing, yet , but she said she would make it up to me on my birthday.

Pop: Nothing, but after his fall a few months ago, I'm just happy he's still alive

Sister: Nothing, but I understand why.

Brother: Nothing, too young to have a job.